Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Anti-Dream Killer

Chi-squared is officially the 'anti-Dream Killer'. Not to say he is the complete opposite of DK but he is in the aspect that DK won his title. Case in point... I need to finish apps for law school. I need this yesterday now. So you are thinking "...then what the problem is?"... it is my personal statement. I still have to complete one along with the optional essays.

I am very lucky and very blessed to have the people in my life that I do. They do not so much think my personal statement is a problem. They say "so you write it and send it and the admissions committee recognizes you are a Bond-girl and we pack it up and move to Chicago" ick.

I sit down to write... I got lots of false starts.

I sit down to type... I got PAGES single spaced of drivel.

I bought the Princeton Review book on it and outline what other people did... I have a basic concept of this but don't think anything I have is good enough.

Enter Chi-squared. If I told him I wanted to move to Pluto he would say "it's colder there, right? We'd probably need bigger North Face jackets... I know you think they're ugly but Pluto will be COLD!" He fully believes that I can do anything. And I am supposed to have everything that I dream. He doesn't understand why the statement is taking so long.

He is my contact to J&B. I don't understand his faith in me and I am determined to show myself worthy of it. but how? (getting into law school has superceded finding better job, for now)

What do they want in the "tell me about yourself" portion? My goals? become fluent in 11ty billion languages, learn how to surf, travel, and stop being poor. Yep that realistically sums it up for now.

How to put that in pretty words and dazzle the admissions gate-keepers?

No comments: