Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tourettes' is engaged!

by definition she will be getting married.

I am officially the last of my best single girlfriends. ugh.

It is the boy in Monroe (northeast LA)... and though i consider my city not big enough to be a real city... Monroe may as well be the sticks. and little rural towns... they are cute... but i'm a city girl. ugh part II.

I should start by clarifying what my role is here.

1. Dress up
2. Show up
3. Shut up

I say this because outside of what I or anyone else thinks of this union... we are not asked to think. If Tourettes has rationalized this in her mind... we all smile and nod. Why? because of her own admission she is settling. He fits what she kind of wants. and her dad likes the guys. and he has stuck with her showing him all of her crazy for 8 months.

Is she happy? If you ask her (which I did) she says "yeah, i guess.... i mean what is happiness anyway. He loves me. I'm getting old."

Oh.

and I close my eyes to the way my heart hurts for her. it is new. no, no it is not. but to let her do this and not crap on her already fragile sense of purpose is what is expected of me. because no matter what i say she will do it anyway... and forever remember that it was me that said. if she is to not do this she has to get there on her own.

in the meantime i am trying to steer her away from ugly bridesmaids dresses. and also... we are not picking a dress based on what would be most flattering for the fat girl!

No comments: