Wednesday, June 21, 2006

You do know its 108 degrees in phoenix, right?

June 12 was the LSAT and no scores until the 29th. Now we wait until we get the scores to see if we are taking this beast again in September. Please god do not make me have to take it again in September. (but I beat nugget on a practice 2x!)

The schools I am looking at- Southern as a safety, Tulane, Loyola, Loyola in Chicago, NYU for good measure, and Penn State because I want the dual MBA. Maybe others but that is the list as of now... In talking to Chicago he says "no IVY league schools?" and I say I am trying to be realistic. He says "why?" and I say because on the off chance that you get in, it's and ivy league school. and I am focused on the idea of loans that amount to enough debt to buy small islands. He still thinks I am selling myself short, but the point he makes is not to take the safe bet but to swing for the rafters. I can not tell you how much I cherish him for that.

Taking the Kaplan bit I am plagued by the Margaret Cho version of how this will play out... I am going to be working at McDonald's in Kenner (because most of New Orleans is still un-liveable with rent being ridiculous) making $9.50 and hour plus weekly bonuses for staying there (yes that is the going rate in NO for the lowly mop pushers) to pay off student loans. I am going to live in a FEMA trailer, next to McDonald's because I will not be able to afford gas, and kids will vandalize my trailer with graffiti, and all of the cats in a 10 mile radius will come and keep me company, I will die alone mostly because I'm going to be fat (see the aforementioned working at McDonald's... It will lend itself to only eating at McDonald's) and not just regular fat, we're talking freakin crazy fat!

and to this darling Rick says... "Aww honey, don't worry. We'll make sure you are a trophy wife before you decide to get fat." so those are my choices...nice.

In other news, we are looking for the job w/in the company that will buy a year- literally. At this point it is humbling to admit I will move almost anywhere provided the job that goes with it is amazingly more than what I make now. And that is my criteria. $. Even phoenix. Hence Chicago hopes I really do break my leg in the 2nd interview. Ick.

2 comments:

Jenny Penny said...

"i am glad you are blogging again! i've read you for a little while now and was most disappointed when i didn't see anything for a while."

Thank you I didn't know. Just out of curiosity, how did you find my blog?

KIRAN LIGHT said...

helping a friend edit his blog, I clicked around and found yours. I bookmarked you because it made me laugh. especially since I saw so much of myself in the way you write and the angst with which you sought words. please take it as a compliment.