Sunday, December 02, 2007

...So what are you doing New Year's Day?



... because if you have tickets to the Sugar Bowl... I will be your best friend!

LSU vs. Tennessee.

It was a pretty good game... I guess.

There are the rumors that Les is going to Michigan... and really you can't be mad at him if he does.

DK says Nick Sabin was in BR on Friday... maybe talking about coming back. whatever.

It's terribly exciting.

and for my girlies who don't know what I'm talking about. It's football. American football.

Segue into funny story... so a couple of weeks ago I was in the mall to buy a wedding present for Tia... because everyone I know is getting married... STILL!

right so I was there and bumped into Jerry... a guy I knew in way early college. He's friends w/ my Happy Drunk Ken Doll... so I know him. ish.

He comes over to say hi... we are cordial. If you are nice to me, I am nice to you... it's nice. We are talking about the last he saw Ken Doll... for a Saints game in New Orleans. I am jealous... everybody got Pete to get season tickets.... Ken Doll cannot sustain a stable relationship... and I usually have other stuff to do than go to the games. Plus I have to drive from here and stay overnight... so Ken and I were splitting our tickets or just going together... and now he has the girlfriend. so i let him keep them. Plus I only remember at the last second that I want to go to the really good games... and people get mad when you guilt them into giving football tickets up.

so now I have to make new friends with tickets... because I am poor. sigh.

Jerry has tickets. rat bastard. He asks if I would like to go to the next couple of games w/him... we would get to sit by all of our other friends who have tickets as we all bought in the block. This sounds good to me.

Then he says... "so you actually UNDERSTAND football, do you know how rare it is for a girl to get football?"

actually it isn't... Madigan's brother-in-law played professional football... we used to get to watch from suites...

I say something like "Yes, I recognize that I am spectacular" OBVIOUSLY JOKING

and he says "well you don't have a ring on your finger... you can't rock that much". wow. I was in the bridal registry section... that was just mean.

ok so now I don't want to talk to him ever again... even to get to go to football games.

I wondered if I was being sensitive... he could have been joking. But we are not friends. We have friends in common... but you and I are NOT friends. He has called 2x... I let it go to voicemail... and then I figured out this really great feature on my phone... I can BLOCK people! Except for you guys. I would never block you guys. ;)

and I don't want to sit next to someone who is going to say mean things to me. Because I have options. So Dk's mission is to find Sugar Bowl tickets... and for less than $300 please... and tickets for the next Saints game after his finals.

and I'm not telling Ken Doll ... because he will never let me forget it.

No comments: