Friday, December 28, 2007

Housing Crisis

So Austin has officially fallen through. So I guess now is as good of a time as any to say the offer came from KRB... subsidiary of Halliburton. Wanna know why we had to say no? Google "Jamie Jones" and "KRB" for good measure.

The offer was attractive. Damn attractive. Not something I would risk my personal safety nor reputation for. The job was listed under International HR.

Dammit.

Further, I am genius-girl! I had offer in hand, lease came up... we let go of the apt. Let go of a ton of furniture... sure I would be compensated to buy this stuff back... because it wasn't worth hauling around.

Fast forward to not taking the offer. DK says live with him. I did. for a week. He is disgusting. I know, I know. You say all guys have a certain level of icky... no.... no, no. He house is infested with fleas. there is a hole in the kitchen roof with leaves from outside and mildew to boot. the bathroom ceiling tile is falling the sink is perpetually backed up... and full of the hair he shaved into it. The couches are full of cat hair, and fleas... and cat urine.

and his stuff is thrown everywhere and I don't know when the last time he swept the beautiful hardwood floors were. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I was brushing me teeth in the bathroom at work... and showering at the gym. I ate every meal out... because the kitchen has not been cleaned in months. but he cooks on that filthy stove. it was gross. i mean really really nasty.

If he is letting me stay w/him for free... why not just clean up, you ask? I DID! I spent 2 days on the bathroom, dining, and living room. By the morning the house had shook the cleanliness off.

So now I live w/Bianca. (DK called to tell me he was offended I chose to live with someone else... really?) and am auditioning strangers to live with (like share rent with). Giving up the apt was stupid. why? because an apt in baton rouge, la goes for the same amount that it does in both Austin and Houston. What is wrong with that sentence? THIS IS NOT A REAL CITY.

ugh.

No comments: