Friday, April 04, 2008

...sounds about right.


let me tell you about yesterday.

I am again teaching for Junior Achievement... it works well for me on Thursdays... I get to work about 11.

The Sr. VP blah-blah has decided he wants a succession/development plan based upon what he had at his old company.

Ok cool.

He has several hundreds of pages of manuals focused on this plan.

cool still.

He has one hard copy that he wants us (M and I) to turn into a presentation by Tuesday... along w/the 2 other gi-normous bits he wants us to create for the same meeting.

oh good. i thougt this might be the slightest bit difficult. (please note the charming/refreshing use of sarcasm to illustrate one's frustration)

yay.

Short version: we spent all day on this.

I left work at 10 pm. i was beyone tired, it was a loooong work day.

To further moment of weakness, the Dream Killer casually calls to see if i've turned in my law school app. at almost 10 o'clock at night? c'mon!
... i mumble something about being at work and he makes all of the requisite "poor baby" noises. complete with the offer of wine.


to further the dumb-f******g of myself, he offers wine at the new Loft in Perkins Rowe. It is a spin off of the favorite Wine Loft... I have yet to see it, i am all about this. even if it is with him. after all... new trendy bar? right up his alley.

I meet him there, and walk right into... guess who?

Bryan. Attorney Bryan who is 30 years old from the post right under this one. Attorney Bryan who played me to the left because I offended him with my intro. He's looking right at me... I kind of waved and hurried to hide behind DK.


I have to laugh at this. And then I look around at all of the girls in the super tight, super short ill-fitting cocktail dresses that are all the rage... I am in a long sleeved button down and dress slacks. and having a run in that is a little awkward.

Yep. about par for the course and this sounds about right.

I could not see him tonight... as I have kick-ass super model hair and full battle make up. no, not today. yesterday. when i looked like i'd been beaten Rodney King style with the ugly stick.

ugh.

No comments: