Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Gracious loser face.


Not what I thought I would start blogging about today... but with the Kanye thing it works on so many levels. Don't think I have to explain... Kanye threw a public hissy fit... it's terribly funny... and then...


So this is the week... Or maybe next week is the week. I am not a patient man. Have never been confused as a patient man. Don't really see myself growing into a patient old man either.


Soon we will find out what comes of the interview and if we are putting of grad school for another year. ick. Bat-Girl's sage advise (and take it with a grain of salt... she has a lot to deal with putting up with me) is to practice the gracious loser face (think Joey, Friends, he didn't win the award)... because even though we don't need it... just in case we do. My response? I go to make cocoa. Cocoa does not talk back.


Shy (bumped up from Chi squared) says we need no such face... only losers lose well. we have the "not yet" face. If we get a "no" it is only "not yet" and we find a different window to climb through.


Everyone else says it happened too easily not to come through (will blog the specifics later... or bemoan them- whichever)


Even the dream-killer is jumping on the band wagon with this one (I know!) he made me dinner Sunday night. He cordially requested my presence for 7 but I got there at 6ish. Going across the river to get wine just didn't take as long as I thought it would. (Yes, this is a "dry parish" on Sundays. Yes, I realize how country that looks in writing! Focus and keep reading). Mr. Killer is under the impression that watching the Food Network is the same thing as being able to cook. and yet... it is not. He made rigatoni in a white wine/butter/olive oil/ pesto reduction sauce (or that's what he ended up with... who cares what he meant it to be) with shrimp and crab meat... and roasted garlic and tomatoes for good measure. Salted to Kiran's taste.


All was well until he went to the bathroom and came back... and busted me 'fixing' it. To which he proceeds to stomp around the house and say "SEE?! THAT'S why I told your little a** to be here for 7 and not 6-ish!" *sigh* and he makes a good point. Ladies, if a man is ever doing something nice for you, please learn how to clap like a seal at Sea-World. No matter how many mistakes are in it, or how much you know you can do it better. because you will get to do it better.... FOREVER.


So I handed him a glass of wine and pouted and pulled out the "I'm sad and stressed about an interview for a job I really want, and scared I won't get it... which will in turn be your problem because you love me and I don't handle rejection well!" (*whew that was a mouthful*) and all was forgiven. Did I mention I adore the dream-killer in law school. He has posters on all of the doors with notes. The one the bedroom has 2nd degree murder on it... infliction of excessive bodily harm or homicide with specific intent... blah blah. I am very proud of him. He is trying.


I am less proud of him when we sit at the dinner table with candles and music... he clears the table and comes to sit next to me so he look deep into my eyes.... and then asks me to leave because dinner has already taken 2 hours from his study time and he has an exam in the morning. Rat bastard. Honestly, who studies for exams at his age!

No comments: