Monday, November 20, 2006

Tou·rette's syndrome: Pronunciation: tu-'rets-


Greetings Boys and Girls...


I promised myself no blogs until I knew the outcome of Columbus... which would not create so much pressure had the King of Pride Rock not come down and announce he was putting me on a plane to the ENTIRE northern hemisphere. So if I don't get this job... it is truly of my own volition and lack of any worthiness within me. See? no pressure. none... and yet I am going to be sick.


On to Tourette's... and this is sort of a sad post... because I have outgrown her. That is sad because I adore her, and she adores me... One of my college roommates and a really close friend... I have seen her all of 2x this YEAR and that includes Friday night. Further tear jerker... she still introduces me to everyone as her best friend... Ready for the way that I am a jerk? I don't want to be judgemental... so for the most part I don't tell her about her life minus a few little gentle pushes in the 'right' direction. My way of minimizing risk is that I will not go anywhere with her that I need to be seen in a favorable light...i.e. anywhere that there is the potential for me to run into someone I know... where it would be detrimental to me for her to be falling down drunk trying to throw a Tabasco bottle at some guy because she does not like the cut of his chin.


Every time I see her, there is an episode... and I promise myself that I will never go anywhere in public with her again. And then time passes and I imagine I am exaggerating and it wasn't that bad. We do it again and I spend the rest of the night trying to contain the crazy that is my friend. She is a Beautiful Disaster. If Jenny-Bear is my compliment of physical opposite... Tourette's is my caricature. The worst it could get if you were fueled by hysterical emotions and illegal substances.

She is deemed Tourette's because that is an adequate summation of her actions. It is the way she dances, screams, speaks, and essentially is. Bear in mind I say this with much affection. and it breaks my heart that she has not grown past the point of drinking as MUCH as possible... as FAST as possible.

She is dating a new guy. He is a good Christian. He does not drink, smoke, or have relations (and has never). He believes what he believes and it is admirable. Tourette's has dated him for 2 weeks and is determined to break him. I don't know why I feel the need to beg her not to. He is who and how he is... that makes him the man he is... to challenge that just to see if you can is juvenile, petulant, selfish, and wrong. She understands it, and sees it as disrespectful... but her attitude (as it is towards all males) is "I'm sorry about your d*ck".

And it makes me sad. Because as much as I want to scoop her up and make it better, she won't heal until she stops doing that (well among other things). and maybe she doesn't want to... and that is her choice as well. and ick nonetheless.

No comments: