Friday, November 03, 2006

Rumble Little Girl, Rumble.


Today I was looking forward to having the Bird Flu. The thought of coming to work was completely mind numbing, and the sheer futility of my time here again brought me close to tears. The thought of playing hookey got me through yesterday... and then I woke up this morning and got ready to come back here. What happened to the Master Plan?

My heart may not be in the right place to be truly Corporate... but I will be damned if I going to let someone walk all over me. Aka is wrong. and incredibly fat. but the important part is wrong. In a meeting she brings my name to the table. What she says is that I spend too much time talking to people... like I am 6-years old and we get time out for talking? The meeting to help my department got pushed, she was treated to an email outlining the issues and the response was a pat on the head and a grammatically incorrect, with many many errors in syntax of how "management" is addressing these "issue" to gather "those information" to get us "the material" to help me do my job.

The best part is I don't need it, because I won't be here long enough to see the loss associated with our mistakes due to lack of clear policies and an adequate representation of banking laws. BIOTCH.

The analyst can bite me and her BFF can shove her supplies and budget.

Chicago texts fervently because he is worried. He is insecure about sounding like a girl but is persistant. He is concerned because as he puts it... "It has never taken you 3 days to spare 30 seconds for me" which is true. He silently listens to me lament and I talk myself to exhaustion to which he says... "Soon enough you will be off to school, why does it matter" and I would (and do) argue "Because I am here now, and the person that I am says I will try my best to do the best in any given circumstance..." to which he says "ok" (i love that he gave me the last word on the phone).

and later he texts... "but you still have to thing BIG PICTURE, baby"

and while he is right... and I will have remained gainfully employed like I promised while boss lady is on vacation... the person that I am says that Aka will not get the better of me. after all, at the end of the day, I can always sentence her to the rest of her life... as her.

No comments: