Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Jimmy Choo syndrome




In keeping with the "rampant medicalization" theme... because we all need aderol for something or another... off we go with Jimmy- Choo syndrome... why? because my Jenny-bear has it (and it dangerously close to being dubbed "Ginger Spice". yep 'Girl Power' and all of that)

So she calls this morning... you will remember this is my 'bunk the establishment day' where I go in later. As I am picking up this morning's NY times (I have to buy it individually because I get the Wall Street Journal delivered... and somehow I just couldn't have them BOTH delivered... For God sake's man! What would people think?!) I invite her for coffee and a bagel. I am trying to cut back on the bagels... no, I lie I am not. We all understand that if it truly is carbs that make us gi-normous... I will die FAT and HAPPY... and full of carbs.... but I digress... back to invite. She says yes and no.

I am confused. She says yes of course she would love to... but no she could not afford coffee and a bagel because she spent too much on a tickets to a function we are attending tomorrow night. WHAT? To which I am obligated to say... "Sweetheart if you ever tell me any such thing ever again, I swear I will slap you with a dead fish" To which she says "But then I would smell like fish" and I say "exactly".

On to coffee. I adore my Jenny-Bear. We've been over this. I understand her slight embarrassment... we've all been there. To take the edge off we have code words for everything. Today she had Jimmy Choo syndrome. Much like my Mr. Choo who in high school and early college had an inconvenient habit of never having $ to do anything. But he didn't tell us until we were already at said place that required money. Yes he was a mooch. So instead of saying ... I really can't do that right now... we have a bit of Choo. get it?

Aka in my world has been moved up to the Axis of Evil. Which is usually a triumvirate of 3... but I would argue she is big enough to be 3 people. Shy keeps calling her a wombat. Which is funny. And I want to kick him for re-naming my SIMS... but really just for re-naming them better. Curses.

And in other news... Got hit in the side from a woman too old to be driving. They are totalling out my piece... so I'm trying to buy the Jeep Liberty (see pic! it's that color... now what to name her?) Enterprise put me in. What can I say. I'm attached. I love it. She loves me.... My yoga class is laughing at me because everyone knew from Day 1 that I was not going to be alright if I had to give it back. THAT would have been wrong.
Also, I am a genius. About a week ago I slightly twisted my ankle on a BOSU- think 1/2 a medicine ball that you have to balance on and so squats with a body bar... I thought I could ice it and wrap for a couple of days and went right back to training like a bond girl... 4.2 mile run on Sunday, circuit training last night, weights this morning and yoga this afternoon... my ankle looks like it has a bagel wrapped around it. nice.

No comments: