Tuesday, December 05, 2006

3:12.... Do you like those odds?


you shouldn't.

As of yesterday I am the owner of a white 2004 Jeep Liberty. I love it. She is the baby. I will give you the name as soon as she has one. The Dream Killer and I spent all day doing the paper work for this thing, and I am so happy it is over!


The '06 was just too much at the end of the day... and Enterprise wanted too much for theirs. We dropped off the rental and I took DK home. He calls to say congrats because this is my first big-girl purchase and I think we did pretty good.

I got home late and called Kris to tell her about it... she burst into tears and sniffled like a muppett. To which I am like... ok, this is BIG even to me... but not THAT big... she's not crying over me.

I ask what's wrong and she doesn't want to tell because she says I will tell my mom. I say "to each his own and God for all... I am sure you will tell her in your own time.. when whatever this is is bad enough and you are hitting her up for money" She cries even harder... apparently that is the wrong thing to say.

Ready for what called forth the water works? She had a miscarriage.

Oh, did you not know my sister was pregnant? neither did I.
Do you now know who would be the father? neither does she.

Does your heart go out to her because you imagine it is incredibly painful to lose a child? hold on to that, the punch line is coming.

Odds are that is the boy (she knows it was a boy) were to have been healthy enough to gestate (sp?) Kris would have killed him. 3:12

She has 3 kids from her marriage (granted before they were married... but to her the means justified the end) 8 abortions and 1 miscarriage.

The best stat about all of this (or the worst if you do not speak Kiran) is that in NYC you can have an abortion up until the day before you are due... it just costs a little more. I am nauseated that Kris knows this. Though, she says she is most upset because this is the one she wanted to keep.... ummm.... YOU DON'T HAVE CUSTODY OF THE 3 YOU HAVE BECAUSE YOU ARE AN UNFIT HUMAN BEING... but I digress.

Politics aside, how interesting is it that the issue of abortion is whether or not you can. Much like marriage, or divorce. We are a mutually exclusive band of hypocrites. If you can, it is free season to do it again and again. To try to regulate that is an imposition upon free will. But it just seems like there are somethings... i can't even finish that sentence.

Kris is being "brave" and tells me not to worry about her... I say "don't worry, I don't" and DK says I am wrong to be silently grateful that God has spared another soul. He says that is me judging her. wow.

Much as I wish I were, I am not numb to this. What puts it into perspective is that I remember the way I did not handle abortion #4 well. I was getting gas at an Exxon. I walked in and bought a small bottle of Goose, a litre of Sprite, and snatched a cup of ice. The irritating clerk carded me 2x and pulled out the pity face of ... "honey, you're not really going to drink this? You are too pretty to drink" I remember it because it took everything in me not to clock her. My revenge? I sat on my car and drank till I couldn't see. They could have called the cops. They didn't.

Dream killer drove up and drove me across the street. (I was smart enough to pick the gas station that was spitting distance from my town house)

and we didn't talk about it. but the next argument... he threw her at me... something akin to "that's why your sister is such and such"

talk about diarrhea of the blog! ok... will blog later with better stuff.

(but did you get the pic? get it ...out of 12? fine, don't smile, i thought it was great.)

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Jeeps and abortions. If ever a post was right up my alley.

One, congratulations on your Jeep purchase. There are those snobby Jeep owners (sorry, I'm probably among them) that believe the only real Jeep is a Wrangler. For you, however, I absolutely make an exception. A new car is exciting no matter what, and I think you'll be happy with your Jeep. I vote you should name your Jeep 'Tuesday'.

Two, I really have a lot to say on today's post, and I intend to tonight. For now, I'm off to the gym.

Three, I'm a slackass and a jerk for not commenting earlier, especially when you give me a birthday greeting. Sorry buttercup, there's no excuse.

Jonathan said...

OK, so it is probably known by now that my ex-girlfriend in high school had an abortion. I was the father. Some ridiculous rumor started years latr I wasn't the father, and I gave it some credence since she wound up marrying the dude that was the only other person it could have been. Still, I know that it was me. For years and years I felt absolutely guilty about it. I can't imagine how you do that 8 times. Is birth control not an option? The increased risks of cervical cancer, complications in future pregnancies (if you can even get pregnant), and everything else.
There has to be a lot more here, no? This seems more deeply-rooted.

What's going on with law school? Should I be preparing a letter of rec/making a couple of phone calls for the University of Illinois?

KIRAN LIGHT said...

I definitely feel for you. I can only imagine what it would feel like to feel completely helpless in a position that holds the fate of your child... or what could have been.

Please read next post and it is entirely possible I may need that favor.