Monday, December 18, 2006

$10 says this gets worse before it gets better.

A truth that I have long recognized in myself is that I grieve for other people's hurt. How poignant it is that just last week Bianca and I were talking about the Indian girl in my building- I think she is precious... and Bianca scowled and stopped me mid-sentence to say "You cannot save her." to which I say, "I know, but..." and Bianca repeated it again. And while I know she is right, I still want Priya to stand up for herself... and I want to give her the tools to succeed in her world... and I am humbled that she looks at me as this larger than life creature when I know the dork that I am. B tells me that I cannot save every puppy, and I know that... but that doesn't mean we don't try...

Case in point... Ms. Bianca. Follow up from former post... she calls me and asks what Bunkles said about her... and I am confused. I don't remember a recent conversation with him about her... he just got back from NY and all we talked about was NY and the laundry girl... She says "You know I am in a bad place... I just need to hear it, so I asked him if he thought I was pretty and he says I should ask you. He won't talk to me."

And good job to Bunkles for thinking with the right head. The answer she got was just what he says "the butt, the walk, he thinks you are ridiculously hot and beautiful etc. etc." Again, it was honest and it was better for Bunkles not to say it- as he is trying to be in a fair relationship and good to the laundry girl... but bad for Bianca to ask... she knows all about his reputation and the phenomenon among women that he apparently is. And if the eyes are the window to the soul, I want to close mine to the potential that Bianca's new-found insecurity has. Because I don't know how to make her stop the slide or transition as it were to a bit of a... how shall we say... ok well damn... a bitch in heat.

Which is terrible because I don't want to judge her. I have done things that don't look so good on paper... but I don't regret it... and I guess I don't know it to be any different. except that it wouldn't be just anybody, and not for a validation. or maybe just not this time.

wow. Bianca head-ache part II.

No comments: