Friday, December 08, 2006

Lemon Drop


You will remember that we (again... that means I) were only allowed to entertain Lemon until he developed "feelings". Does it sound like I consider that a bad word? Perhaps the place I am in says it is.

We are close to pulling the rip cord. Technically he did not say he had feelings... but yesterday he hinted at taking the drive here to surprise me... maybe open a bottle of wine... maybe "talk"... though I did not think him serious I said that would not work for me as I already had plans (which I did).

He translates into I have a date. He says he has to get off the phone because he has to go and work on his 'perspective'. er? He calls back and asks for the specifics of my 'date', to which I say I have no such thing. Drinks with a friend is not a date. He says... "Have you met you? I promise whoever he is thinks this is a date" and he peppers his monologue with "Not to sound like the jealous boyfriend, because I'm not jealous.... because I realize that I have no right..."

Right.

So entitlement aside this fictional non-jealous boyfriend is starting to make frequent apperances. "Why did't you answer your phone at wk? I called you like 3 times and the women in your office are going to think I'm a psycho stalker"... I admit he is a little OCD, but sometimes it is like he is on the brink of putting into meaningful words what only comes out as cliches... but I don't think I've expounded on the full myspace experience; as he refers to it.


One day he needed help... he called me freaking out... he called the next day, same problem, same person, he gave me a bad affidavit... eventually he transfered the whole problem to me and I got to take care of it. I called back to "thank" him for giving me his problem. The next day he calls back to say thank you. Fast forward to another day he calls just to say "hi". Somewhere in there I looked forward to talking to him.


Now we talk all the time. He text messages me, he calls me, he emails me... and I him (not trying to make this one sided). Bunkles says it's wierd... in fact he says WIERD the way Joey Lawrence used to say WHOA on Blossom. (I'll give the younguns a minute to look it up on youtube)


but he is sweet and he speaks Kiran and I love that there is so much that I don't have to explain to him. and I've never seen him. Not to say I don't want to... I wouldn't mind...but there is just something about driving an hour to "meet" someone you've only "known" across fiber optics that just sounds ... well pathetic. and I would argue this is different.. but is it really? I have options here, I do. Granted none of them fit me and I have yet to meet someone here who makes me not want to be single anymore... but he is a little to far to freak out.

and then there is the point of knowing he is upset... and yet he won't talk about it... he just shuts down. and the problem here is that I am not the patient one to wait, nor to beg. If you don't want to talk about it, I will ask... maybe I will ask again. Then we walk. let me know how it works out... or don't. This is just a little too reminiscent of my very first post. I guess I do have re-occuring themes. Double ick.

No comments: