Friday, December 29, 2006

Indian Giver & 80-90


The problem with giving people close to you access to your blog is that they feel entitled to an opinion. Which they are. However, they also feel entitled to expressing their opinion; which they can. Further, they feel entitled to a rejoinder to emails about what they've read. Like I really need to explain myself more than I already do.

Here we go, and I'm not doing this again- so don't ask.

Follow up... or background to insight on why Shy is dropped into the slot he is in.

Once upon a time I worked in retail. It was commission based and highly competitive. I was one of 2 females, and the boys were ruthless. I did well but I hated the hours. That was how I met Mentor. We talked about something stupid, had coffee... then consistent coffees... and somehow she became more of an older sister to me then my own. I admire and respect her greatly. She rocks like few people I have ever seen. She is what I want to be.

Intro Boogie Man. It is a shame he was psycho because his entrance was flawless. I told her about him when we met, she mentioned she knew him. He happened to stop in the coffee shop I frequented and they regarded each other. Something passed between them over my head. He sat and she left. She didn't mention it again. He totally trashed her.

Fast forward to Mr. Boogie showing his whole bum complete with break up letter stained with tears left on my car windshield (after 2 whole weeks). Mentor and I had a whole lunch surrounding the reading of the letter... there was wine involved so we read it multiple times. She then told me that he graduated from law school a little after her and they knew of each other. There was much scandal associated with his name and he'd managed to alienate almost everyone in his year... which is quite a feat. She said her interactions with him had always been strained and maybe he was wonderful but she'd never seen that side of him.

What he said of her was quite different. I told her why I'd decided he wasn't for me and asked why she'd not said anything beyond "be careful, he is a bit older, I am here for you when you need to talk". She said because she loved me like a little sister, but somethings I had to come to on my own... but she would have said something before it got really bad.

But why the pre-emptive trash talk on his end? Did you think she would say something first? Insecurity? Do you like the sound of your own voice?

Think about it, why would he feel the need to break someone down in my eyes? Everyone who knows me, knows I adore her. To take a shot when you wouldn't say it to her, says you are taking the shot at my opinion and not really her.

Move to Shy. Yesterday he calls to shoot the sh*t. He talks about various people and their indiscretions. People we have in common. Little J whom I know because her dad is creepy and hit on me. Her mom is epitome of a gracious lady and Bama I think she married Creepy as her one drunkard night ever. Little J is sweet. I don't know her well, but I will speak to anyone who speaks to me. I have no issues with her and I don't care how many guys she has boinked nor how many at a time.

So why does Shy feel the need to move through the gambit of people he has seen me speak to and air their dirty laundry? It stands to be reasoned and makes him a questionable "friend" to have. Again this is most unfortunate because I saw a lot of great stuff in him. The more I turn it over, and am honest with myself. It was not potential. He has hit the product he will be. He is whole in the sense of this is was it will be. It's not a bad thing, it just is. And the biggest reason his shooting his mouth of is a potential liability is 2 fold. 1. Mommiey says that people who gossip to you will be a gossip of you. and 2. He is adamant that it is something he does not do, and yet he does it consistently.

Over analytical ick.... Now for 81-90

80. Indian dance- Bharat Natyam & Khatak are the only forms of dance I am formally trained in. I did it but taught by people not formal teachers. My 1st formal teacher slapped my hands because I was 3 and it took me a while to get it right. I walked out because I was insulted. Partially because she was white, and I felt like she was a guest in my culture anyway.
81. I don't like fake nails. I don't like the way they feel, I don't like the way they look, I don't like them.
82. I learned the violin and the piano... and don't play either now.
83. Piano was hard for me, because I could not cover my mistakes. If I made a mistake, I stopped.
84. I can cross stitch and sew buttons but not sew for real... I tried to learn crocheting... but I don't have the patience for it.
85. Coppelia was the 1st ballet I ever saw... I cried.
86. I also cried in Swan Lake
87. La Triviata was the 1st opera I ever saw.... The girl took 1/2 an hour to die and I wanted to throw my shoe at her.
88. Cats was my (and everyone else's) 1st musical... Victoria (the all white one) is my favorite. She doesn't sing, she never speaks, but she is by far the most beautiful.
89. I love the Yankees... and A.Rod over Jeter
90. I have got to stop watching Hindi movies... the mushy sentimentality and ideal romanticism is starting to get to me.

Big post. Bye bye.

No comments: