Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Catch up blog- part III. "That is the 1st lie you have ever told me"

Apparently today is the day of blogging. Perhaps there will be a movement to have it be a whole Holiday.

As the 1st post of the day was courtesy of Shy so is this one... and while he says it; today it also applies to him.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not going to address this with him. I hope the people closest to me would be as wonderful as I imagine they are... and with all people you give them the benefit of the doubt and enough rope to hang themselves. I don't like that he felt the need to lie to me, it is a stupid thing that he lied about, but his stock is effectively worthless. We will play nice because he has the connections that I need, but we manage the risk he has potential to present a little differently.

If you've read older posts you will remember that we sorted out a pseudo-crush on trainer... The only people I told (that are in my city- those not here are privy to info via blog on everything that you cannot smack me with :) were Bat-Girl and Bunkles... Darling Ricky butted into a conversation and felt the need to weigh in. It was quickly sorted out, and that was a wrap. Now we have Lemon crushes.

Fast forward to Shy feels the need to bring me gossip about Daydream's extra-curricular activities. I remain unaffected. He brings it to David's Bunny. She and I are hella cool. He says that Daydream is trying to date her... then he is dating her. I didn't and have never asked. Not her, not him, not Shy. Perhaps I am too self-absorbed to be concerned with what does not concern me.

The problem that Shy did not foresee is that, again, David's Bunny and I are hella cool. I know her through David the Magnificent Weirdo... and while he speaks superficially, I've known her longer and better, and we have far more people in common. It is a matter of time that she and David are no longer speaking... please see the aforementioned "He is a weirdo". So Daydream missed a couple of days at the gym and his cult female following had a sh*t fit. They asked Bunny and I what happened, etc. etc. and we look at each other like "How would we know?" I follow him around at the gym... yes he trains me for free... I'm not trying to be any one's notch. The answer we got was because he calls me Beautiful and will say it in front of anyone. Bunny because she is awesomely (sp?) attractive.

So she calls me later to laugh about the fact that everyone is under the impression that they are sleeping together and she has never talked to him. Know where that came from? That's right, out of the mouth of Shy. How do I know that it was not Daydream? To be fair, I don't. But to lie would mean that Bunny would never speak to him for the stigma attached to him. I assume he knows this, but I certainly would not be the one to tell him.

But Shy talks. a lot. Initially, he stressed how much he kept my name out of his mouth when talking with other people. If people ask, his standard answer was they should ask me. That has changed. He is now my biggest cheerleader. But I wonder at what cost and how to define the slot we are to drop him into.

On to the reason we are posting this NOW. Bunny calls to see how vacation was, to tell me about a fantastic party I missed, that she saw David at said party, and to ask about last night's ball. She was messed up about the Weirdo for a minute... as we talk (I tried to make her go to the bloody ball... but Nugget said I was not allowed to arrange dates for his brothers) she mentions she thinks one of Nugget's brother's is cute but the Weirdo grew up with them and may present problems. I am the solution.

The Weirdo and I do not cut words with each other. It was uncomfortable at 1st but has grown into a mutual respect. Weirdo never put it out there... dating any one he knows cannot be construed as disrespectful. If he had icky feelings he had a long a** time to say something. Nugget's brother will entertain anyone I ask him to... at least for an evening. He knows her... Bunny asks me to feel him out for her.

Summation.... no daydream for Bunny. Not past, not present. Who knows what the future holds... but that translates into Shy talking sh*t that he didn't know... which he swears he does not do. and that is unfortunate.

No comments: