Monday, February 18, 2008

consider this.

I love what I do. I love the boss I have. I work for a division of a company that is limited in resources... which has turned into a blessing.

I get to touch and learn fantastic things. I get to spend time in training on all IT applications that is relatively new, that i would never have come to on my own.

I have gotten rave reviews from my boss and my boss's boss, which happens to be a sr. vp, on each and every one of my projects. i am an asset. he said so.

now for the bad part... I know my work is good. My boss is grooming and developing me and does not treat me like a secretary nor limit my creativity. My boss's boss knows my stuff is great... but in bigger meetings, my boss's great work is credited to her boss... my great work is attributed to her... and me? I don't exist.

oh.

So this was the job until law school which i vehemently wanted to not be here. The job is here. and my lack being able to express personal statement means i have limited my dream schools... to just a dream. Further, the application process gets expensive and I have taken such a cut by taking the fun job.

Recently I tried to date the Dream killer again. it lasted almost a month. and it is STILL not a good idea. no more boyfriend. why? the things that are wrong are still wrong. i have no indication that it will get better.

I have been known to view a job like a boy... the things that are wrong... money, credit. To get more money, I have to be seen more as an asset, i.e. the sr vp must pay me what i am worth. or it fails to be a good fit.

on to law school. so if i stay here, and choose the cheapest school, what would it matter if i did well. any where else and i am mortgaging my soul. what if my company could pay for it?

today we put that ball in motion. If they pay for it, i will be applying for part time law school, if not then it will be full time.

the decision should come quickly.

it has become what will make me stay or leave. because a huge raise before the formal 'evaluation period' just doesn't happen in a huge corp.

rat bastard.

No comments: