Wednesday, August 09, 2006

KARMA-STITION

Karma-stition is the remix of Alicia Keys' song Karma with the beat from Stevie Wonder's Very Superstitious. I believe in karma- I think most people do. Maybe almost to the point of superstition? ahhhh....

Right so Mr. PhD died 45 min into sports circuit. If you have been following the story you will know he had to make it through the entire class to earn a date. But watching him heaving with his head between his legs did earn him a pity date... so how did it go? it hasn't happened yet, I'm supposed to call him. so probably tomorrow I'll take him to play pool or something. You must be wondering how Karma has bitten me in the butt? keep reading....

This has turned into the greatest month! I officially graduate on Friday and my birthday is later this month, it's a month full of yay me! except I am not finding another job. no worries. I am employed and making great strides toward a whole career (that only has to last a year till I get to law school). In such, yesterday I get a gi-normous bouquet of flowers delivered to work. There are day lilies (which I love!) red roses, orchids, and purple stuff. awesome. they are from one of my I.T. guys... less awesome. O.k. let me clarify... every girl wants to get flowers, and especially flowers at work... the caveat being that we want them to be from the right person. i.e. someone we are dating, in wuv with, totally digging, etc. etc. not the stereo-typical sci-fi reading, ridiculously sweet, but a little strange on all cylinders.

The very true and very safe answer is and always has been that I have a standing policy not to date people I work with. And Mr. I.T. respects this. I call to say thank you, and he extends the option of congradulatory lunch. I cringe but have to say yes. After all, mommiey did raise me to be gracious. and he is not so odious that I could not have a pleasant lunch with him. right?

So lunch is set for today and I come to work mentally prepared... and the women I work with have put together a feast of lots of my favorite things, complete with a picnic blanket of my soon to be alma-mater. and I am floored and humbled by their love and generosity... and then I am so ashamed that I was relieved that lunch with Mr. I.T. will have to be pushed to next week. somehow I don't think that just a thank you card would be sufficient. I would like to say that I am not that person that avoids confrontation at all cost and is completely spineless. However I would like to be someone who does not ever hurt other people's feelings- I certainly don't want to... so the little voice inside of me says- hurry up and find another job and run away, and never have to deal with him again. but that's not right either. ick.

No comments: