Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You'll never guess what I heard... NOTHING!

So mommiey and I spent the weekend in the land of Monito (that is an official break- but nostalgia still made me text him- damn the sentimentality! but i got no response- that was new, and kind of bruised the ego-ick) and it was uber-great.

Apparently I left one of the doors of my piece open (what piece you ask? why it's the car I drive. a piece? yes ma'am it is a piece of sh**) and the light in the car was on all weekend. I see this yesterday- the light still works- however car would not start.

Not to worry I can jump a car in 2.5 flat. and don't even get me started on the flat tires... so I am off and running to the book store when I try to turn the radio on. My CD player no longer accepts my CDs and I have refused to put more $ into this car on non-essential things. So I listen to the radio (stop laughing it's not THAT funny). So I try to turn the radio on and the screen says "CODE" and it takes a minute to figure out it wants a 4 digit code. Well, that's fun! Now I get to go through 11 billion options of what the code may be since I have no idea what it is and they didn't tell me when I bought my piece. I then surmise that you get all of 3 chances to guess and then it shuts itself off. Not like it turns its' self off andI can press a button a turn it back on... but I turn it on and the screen says "OFF". How fun. So I drive to the bookstore in deafening silence with only my thoughts to amuse me. How dangerous.

Fast forward to this morning. I am making the commute and laughing at myself that I know nothing happens when I press a button for the radio- but I still press it, in fact I press all of the buttons to absolutely no avail. I make it to the off ramp almost to work and the CD-tease/radio makes a ear piercing screech that made me throw coffee on my beautiful cashmere sweater (honestly who wears cashmere in the August?! answer? those of us that are so poor we buy it on sale and wear it the same week we bought it!) and again the screen says "CODE". and now I have 3 more tries. I wonder if it was something I did that made it reset or if it did it by its' self. At any rate it is the new project, one day at time to figure out the elusive code so I can get back to my 'en route' concerts. I can sing like Mariah Carey.... it's just that no one else can hear it quite like that :)

No comments: