Friday, August 18, 2006

yesterday was crap, today will be better

Work is not fun, advancement is stalled, my huge company is down sizing to India -which affects me not at all except that it is harder to justify a move within since they are telling me that my new position won't be here in 3 years and I want to scream "LOOK, I JUST NEED THIS TO LAST UNTIL NEXT AUGUST WHEN I START LAW SCHOOL!" or realistically, the end of May before I quit and go back packing through Europe. I've put in 2 years of doing the b*tch work and am ready to not be poor for at least a minute. ick

I wanted to stay here because it was more comfortable than looking for a job cold- and starting over in an unknown.

In other news- have successfully avoided I.T. guy for a whole week and a half- he didn't bring up lunch and neither did I, the doc has gone home, so that was a neat backflip as well... On to Bama. I enjoy his company, he makes me laugh. He is so sweet and has beautiful manners. He is such a frat boy. There is nothing about him that make me want to put him in my pocket and carry him around with me. So we entertain him as long as it entertains us, but ultimately he is something to pass the time. It's not a relationship, it's not going to be. He's not pressing the issue, so I don't have to address it either. Guys don't so much appreciate he pre-emptive "you know this isn't going anywhere, right?". They tend to get mad. go figure.

No comments: