Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Allure of Dillusion.

I get why people live in La-La land. (Laa-laa!) Because it is nice and warm and squishy there. No one hurts anyone and everything is just as you want it to be.

I heart my friends. I am lucky to have you guys. Many many kisses... even if you don't write... or blog... or give me a good shaking when I need it.

I say this as I had to tell Tourettes to not talk to me about Bama. She no longer gets to discuss the subject with me. WHY?

Because she loves me, therefore she is biased. She is a woman and has the mind f*ck abilities we all do. and because she loves me and thinks like a woman... she says what we would all think. and daydreams out loud.

Yesterday she called to ask how swim lesson #1 went... I tell her about it. she says "AWESOME!" and this is where she gets cut off...

"So now it's only a matter of time before you guys get close, and then he falls madly in love with you and you tell him not to go to Tampa and he will stay here and everyone will be happy!' NO.

No, no, no, no, no. That is not what is going to happen, and that is not what we are wishing to happen, and that is not going to enter any given part of our consciousness. In fact, I have every intention of busting it out in a pool (it was supposed to be today but it's getting pushed until tomorrow) and learn how to freakin breathe between my strokes so that we can have as few lessons as possible.

So he can go away. and there will be no quality time. and I will cease to be self-conscious. I am working on this so hard, I am about to stare people down to force myself to make eye contact.

Shy calls me last night. He takes issue with Bama and he always has. He says "not Bama. anyone else. Pick a private teacher, no matter what it costs I will pay it. Just not Bama."

Bama goes away in 26 days. Why would he still insist? What does he think would happen? News Flash people... there is a camera on that pool... we're not gonna be boinking in a very public pool... and I learned my lesson. I did. No Bama, only swim lessons and lots of working on me.

Keep it up and you guys will fail to get to have an opinion. I am spending the non-booked parts of my weekend with Ondaatje anyway.

The new novel is out. I just got it and finished Rushdie's Midnight's Children (will have to tell you about it). I don't like how people compare both Rushdie and Ondaatje to Garcia Marquez. Not every writer who uses a bit of mysticism is a GGM! and Rushdie doesn't get mentioned in the same breath as Ondaatje! They are not of the same caliber... I don't think.

and I sigh as I will blog Ms. Jhumpa Lahiri's comments later... that much like her ... for Ondaatje my world literally stops.

I leave you with bated breath (on my part, silly).

No comments: