Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Beer is the Boy-Equivalent to Flowers.

at least that is the way I understand it. and if this is so... I am tempted to go buy Mr. Bunkles a keg... and roll it into the elevator. That would be funny.

So I still do not want to work for NorthWestern Mutual. At all. at all. let's do that again... AT ALL!

But that's okay because I don't have to. Because I have a Team that believes in me, and yesterday I got to see parts of that Team at work.

Because the uber-great consulting firm gave me a nibble. I am a finalist for the position I interviewed for and they called to double check that they could call my references. Bunkles (because I work so closely with him... and he has the position here that I want with the firm), ex-Boss Lady- (because I don't respect any of my current management who cannot write clearly much less speak articulately) rounded out with Jenny Bear because she is usually the perfect compliment to any situation.

So with a time lapse of 20 minutes, respectively, I get the follow up calls of my friends telling me what was asked of them, and what they said. and while each was great, Bunkles was my ace in hole. wow. I would hire me from the way I look in his eyes.

Malty Milt Head says "Yay! Celebrate now. Dinner? Drinks? Vegas?" not yet. Plus I leave for the beach Friday after work to get back on Sunday... so I have to hit the gym Mon-Thurs.

Yesterday was 3 hours at the gym. Ick. Step, abs, circuit, then an hour plus in the pool w/ Bama.
and is it telling that I am more concerned and awkward about this when he's not in front of me (like I am overly-anxious) but with him, no big deal. and while he is in front of me, I would never have thought there was a future there. I say this as it is contrasted with Tourettes who FREAKS when she sees the GoodChristian. Maybe I'm desensitized? Maybe over it?

When we get closer for time for him to leave, we are scheduled to have a sit-down talk. and I will do what I tell Tourettes she needs to. and be done with it. Because he is going away forever... what is the worst that could happen if I beared my soul? He thinks I'm goofy? Who the f*ck is he? and maybe this will be good for me. no matter what he says or how unflattering it is.

and the best part is... I will tell you all about it so you may have a laugh at my expense. by this time it should be good and funny, or I will just wait to tell you whenever it gets there.

theme for today because it is what I wrap myself in... on repeat. You'll Never Find Another Love I would also like to give you Dave Matthews Band #41 from the Crash album... but I still don't know how to upload.

No comments: