Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Sugar Rush

I've been working out hard (and mostly consistently) for about 2 years. about.

In that time I have lost all of 3 lbs. 3.

Want to know why? because I still pretty much eat what I want, when I want. I don't diet, I don't feel the need to. But now I am training harder. and everyone knows how important diet is... you can't eat crap and work it off and still look like Brooke Burke unless you are between 13-18 years old.

I know this. or my head know this. My tummy says "onion rings please."

So now I'm trying to start making small changes before I completely revamp, or even I know I won't stick to it. The 1st big thing to go is potato chips, and cutting sugar.

Chips are now 100 calorie packs of chex mix (I could do worse). Sugar is a problem. I eat oatmeal at work for breakfast (because I am getting here for 630 these days). I love the Cinnamon Roll stuff... because it is loaded w/sugar. So pointed out by Swimmer who gets too much face time on blog.

I made the move to Maple and Brown sugar that is the 50% less sugar. It is gross. I mean like NASTY. The 2nd day I put a banana in it. which made it better (because banana equals sugar). but today I have no banana.

So I make the oatmeal... and I am stirring it... and it is mocking me in the bowl with how gross it is going to taste. and as I pass the coffee stand with all of the coffee amenities I imagine the container of sugar taunting me with:

It doesn't have to be like this... I can make that taste just go away... you know I can... and you know you want some. Just a have a little, one spoon... who would know?

yes I am a dork extraordinaire. But no. I took my icky oatmeal the way it was. because I am working out too damn hard to undermine progress with sugar.

also, will blog the ripple effects that my 2 sentences have had all over the work place in a little bit. It is funny. It is also good to be me.

I have the drug screen today... let's see if my oatmeal shows up. I don't even know what that was supposed to mean.

No comments: