Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Urban Relationship Myths- Part II.

Truly the stuff of legends and lore, people. truly.
If you need a refresher... this was part I. Who Knew-Part II

On to yesterday. Yesterday was the day to work on stamina- running. It rained a lot; so I was on a treadmill... 2 min walk, 5 min run- repeat until you pass out... for at least hit 1/2 and hour. It's not much but it was supposed to be a resting day.

I see the Bit (Little Bit) and I tell her I have beef with her...she chirps "why?" and I get to tell her... "remember that time that we talked and we shared and we confided about stuff... and there was the guy at our gym that was almost and then not but it was weird ...etc. etc.. THAT WAS BAMA!"

and she stares wide-eyed and puppy-faced. with "K, I didn't know! I feel so bad for you! but he wants to teach you... he does. I didn't even get it all the way out and he offered..." and in a small voice "and he is the best"

... and he is going away in a month. and I need to learn how to swim 700 meters super fast (or as the Mexican chimes in... I could jump into the water really far and try to run under water)

So of course Bama is on his way out (I thought I'd gone late enough that he would have been gone, nope) ... and I am trying to duck him. He waves, stops... sees me talking to Bit and doesn't come over. I waved and did not demur. Big girl here, because today I am going to have to suck it up and ask him to teach me to swim.

But none of that is the Myth that may have worked.
I told you Little Bit dated Pseudo-Daydream (twice). I thought I crushed, Bunny definitely did, and Bit got him. and broke him.

Because he is the 2nd person she has boinked ever. and her 2nd 'relationship' ever. and she wanted to stay a virgin until she got married. Obviously it did not work out that way. She has decided to stregthen her walk with God and stop boinking until she is married.

so she told the Pseudo-Daydream no more boinking. and he tried to be ok with it... and decided he could not. He broke up with her....

fast forward to Monday after circuit... she won. He comes to her with "I love you and I can't live with out you!"

and she doesn't know but he is going to ask her to marry him.

I call Bunny and we snuggle up to the idea that it works out for some people. and I look forward to being able to tell you about my own earth shaking beautiful love story... it is just not today.

Muchos Besos.

No comments: