Thursday, September 14, 2006

Who Knew- Part II


1. Who knew that sometimes Urban Relationship Myths come true?

For instance... did you hear the one about the guy who thinks he's a player... and has a good girl who loves him pretty close to unconditionally and he is still chasing tail? She comes over to cook for him, does his laundry even, and is under the impression that they are in a relationship... he is boinking other people for all he's worth. He moves away- she contemplates following him... she calls and calls him... he tells his favorite Kiran how annoying she is...

and then one day... he realizes she is the best thing that has ever happened to him (the Laundry girl, not the Kiran- though the Kiran rocks pretty righteously). He wants to move back, they are going to live together. and today he starts the rumor that he is going to ask her to marry him. who knew... which brings me to #2

2. Who knew this would make me want to cry... tears of happiness to be sure, but I have seen my Bunkles grow so much. and I'm so proud of him. and I am happy he is ready to be worthy of the Laundry girl. Sadly it gives me hope that other bone heads learn to behave themselves eventually.

3. Who knew that guys believed in the fairy tales almost as much (if not more) than women do. The big difference is we focus on the forever (Now that we are married, he's going to build my dream house and take out the trash on Sundays and help with the dishes...) vs. they focus on the Superbowl known as the wedding (I did it! I'm done! That's all that's expected of me!)

4. In related news, who knew that he would be comtemplating marriage 1st... wow. can't get over that. didn't see it coming. spell it backwards.... wow.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Happy Monday sweet pea!
Sorry I haven't commented in a while. Know that I have been reading with great interest, especially about this new crush - you must continue to provide details.
I've just been so completely exhausted and it doesn't seem like there is any relief in sight.
Before 10 a.m. on Monday morning and already SOOOO tired. ICK.

KIRAN LIGHT said...

you sound tired. get some rest. Have circuit training today, all the fun to blog about tomorrow I'm sure. yay no more ICICLE (?)