Thursday, September 14, 2006

I blame JD


Decided not to blog Joules, the matter of her has been sufficiently handled. To blog it, I am not sure I could do it in such a way that would not present her in a bad light. And people that know her read this. and that would be unconscionable. So on to Disgrace- I am loving it! I totally see why it won the Nobel Prize in literature. 5 chapters in- it is an easy read but so thought provoking. Wow. How funny that is about a professor of communications with a passion for classic poetry- who dreams of his life's work being a full blown opus; though he has no musical training. He feels the need to have certain 'needs' satisfied and I am fascinated at his ways of solving this for himself. Yet, I thought it funny that if I were to guess the bigger secret for him- I would say it was the opus thing and not the disgraceful actions on his part (and how interesting that in each situation the disgrace is his and not any of the hers).

Which brings me to the www.secret.com/share. it is the website for the women's deodorant SECRET and the share goes with the ad campaign centered around women sharing what they consider their deepest secrets. Don't go to the site, it's depressing. Kris sent me a pic of one of the posters from a train station, that one was pretty good. But most of the ones on the site are sheer drivel. A lot of it is the whiny blah blah "I want to be loved" duh, don't we all "he doesn't want me", "I'm not over him"... and this is your BIG secret. This is what will part the waters and dry the seas? That's it? surely we can do better than that! So it makes me wonder what mine would be... I don't know I'm still thinking....

Right, so Hippo-head (or hypocrite if you still don't speak 'Kiran') that I am- on to the Warrior (or daydream if you like). I said I was not going to circuit train at all this week, just cut myself off cold turkey to see if I did like him... Bat-girl talked me into going yesterday... Before I tell you what happened I guess I should give background.

Like I said, he and Bama are friends- at first I didn't think he was that good looking, but obviously his body is perfect, and I think if I follow him around long enough I will look perfect too. His energy and enthusiasm are infectious. He closes with a few yoga poses (very old post) and does teach a yoga class. He is very charismatic. He is one of those guys that can look at you in a class of 100 and make you feel like you are the only one in the room. I totally understand his fan club. The way Bama told me about it a long time ago was that he gets 'it' thrown at him a lot... and he doesn't always say no... Well now, I most certainly am not going to be THAT girl. I don't have to throw my flower anywhere. so there.

Before circuit training, I do the abs from the class before (Navrathri is coming and I need the abs of a goddess). I am a creature of habit and pull my mat in the same place, put my bag in the same place, etc. He comes by to say "Hi, beautiful" and does the little game-show-host smile and goes away. Sometimes during circuit training, he will run with me or whatever, and makes stupid small talk but not really. And here's the kick in the head... We've never had a whole conversation- I think I tried once or twice and he responds... but as he is walking away... what is that? He has whole conversations with other people. but not so much me. why? but the whole time he's grinning like a cheese monkey.... confused. It makes no sense. I know by the end of class I smell bad but not worse than anyone else. Maybe he's just magically busy when I get there? ick.

So yesterday I was a little early because my building lost power and I snuck (sp?) out. I wait for the other class to do abs and he bops over and says "Hey, beautiful" and my cheesy attempt at flirting is "When are you going to say it in Hindi?" he says "Tell me how to" and I say "No, you are supposed to say it to me." He says "I will learn and get back to you." so that's good, right? no it is harmless flirting....

and I feel like I have a huge flashing neon sign above my head! this is so embarrassing. double ick, massive ick, icky icky, all the ick!

No comments: