Monday, September 11, 2006

...I hate it when people do this...

and yet I am about to do the exact same thing. I remember I stopped writing because I didn't think I was any good. A lot of that has to do with how much terrible crap of other people's I've read. The kick in the head there was that people would bring me their stuff for me to read and critique... and I was 2 beats away from making them sign waivers not to get upset at my suggestions or promise not to cry. I'm saying that I am an expert at anything... which led me to look more critically at my stuff. Each person would come to me with eyes full and heart open just knowing that I was about to say what a natural talent they were... and I never had to words to say they weren't. I don't think it is fair for us to take anyone's dreams.

Anyway, JD- once I was where you are in a manner of speaking. Bad as my writing is- It helped. and sometimes looking back at it reminds of where I've been and what made it better. The following I found just to blog for you- it's called "Drew-bee". My Drew-Bee said something to try to make me feel better and this was the thought process that came from it. If you need it, I'll blog the what it was supposed to mean later. In the mean time- maybe you will find something you need.

Drew-Bee
"...things don't happen TO you, they just happen."

it almost sounds serendipitous,
and even I like the way that sounds

the playful words that play with fate,
as if one could play with it

write it like a song
a song for a lyre
and play a line on a line
like it wasn't a line written
forever ago

etched in wrinkles of time
left like a treasure map
in the hands of one
but written on another
and left for the eyes of even fewer

sing the songs of the ancients, love
and make me believe we are the only ones
whimsical, musical, fanciful
woodland nymphs
with woodworked music
and fluted throught the forest of all of my time
between us, that must be what there is...

the ancients we pass,
that heal our past
with a stream to wash it smooth
like sacred jal, given to the earth
where we learn to lay the rest of it down

and dream of days... when all that shouldn't happen,
doesn't.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

It just seems so hard some days. Today isn't one of those days, but some days . . .