Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I seem to have misplaced my cookies.


New insight to le monde de moi... when I am stressed, flustered, frustrated, or even disconcerted (they may not seem that different but they are) I lose things. Nay, I lose everything important... actually only everything important right then. Credit card/ debit card/ license etc. The list as it stands for this morning...

1. My glasses. I have contacts, I usually wear my contacts all the time. The glasses make me look smart. I wanted to wear them yesterday so over the weekend I put them in the special "This is where my glasses will be so they are not lost" spot. Ask me where that spot is? no clue. So wherever they are, I meant for them to be there and they are not lost.

2. My books. I am currently reading 2. Disgrace (that is the pic) more on the book later (hint: there is a tie in with www.secret.com/share) and Assata. As in Assata Shakur the black revolutionary (she calls herself this- so then do I). Chi-squared bought it for me, the least I could do was read it, it's pretty good though not having the earth-shaking effect he thought it would. As I prepare to leave the house this morning- I have gym bag, purse, books, and coffee in tow. I get to my parking lot and grab purse and coffee... and look for books...

I have a sinking feeling I left them on the hood of my car. God knows where they are.

3. Cell phone. Cell phone is not 'lost' today. Though I have been through a good many of these. It is very comfortable on the night stand next to my bed. nice. So I am cut off from most of the outside world besides e-mail because I don't remember #s. friggin nice.

Right so that is the list as of 8:30 this morning. Yesterday's list was great too. Yesterday was not great. I flaked on grown-up drinks and re-scheduled for this coming Tuesday. Why? because the point of the net-working is to impress people enough to find someone who is willing to take a chance on me. By the time I left here yesterday I felt anything but impressive.

I even chose not to make the 8 p.m. performance of Pilobolus. They are a dance company on-tour, I've seen them twice before in different cities, they are amazing! Last night was the only night they were here and I curled up on the couch with my books. and truthfully I felt better for it.

Daydream is Circuit training guy which is most inconveinent. Why? Bama is the Aquatics Director at the gym. They are friends. Bama is the one who bullied me into circuit training. The worst part is that it is possible that the only reason I am crushing is because I want circuit guy to be interested in me. He has a whole fan club that follows his every move. More on the exchange or lack there of to follow.

So post for later today is 1. Joules 2. Disgrace and 3. the Warrior. and time (and attention spans) permits... Happy Birthday to my Happy Drunk Ken Doll.

Update: I just remembered what I was using as bookmarks in my books. One was the invitation to apply to George Washington University and the waiver for the application fee and the other was a note written on a napkin from the Dream-Killer. He's having people over for the Auburn game this weekend and passed me a note at a coffee shop that I have to come because he bought Italian ices just for me (because I can eat them even when my tummy is upset). I kept the note to save for a rainy day. Again- I feel like a big dumb dummy head.

1 comment:

Jenny Penny said...

Hi Kiran Light,

I read your comment on Positano. I think sometime later in the future I may start a blog. And hopefully this time I'll have better reasons. Anyhow, thank you for reading. I'll stop by your blog every so often to say hi. Good luck.

Yoseis