Friday, September 01, 2006

My Life As a Sit-com

Wow. So much great stuff, I don't know how I'm going to fit it all in. Lets back up to 4 o'clock Wednesday afternoon when my boss whom I like very much- dumps a "project" of pulling together a "creative" presentation encompassing a major "issue" between the 2 groups she manages... for a 10 o'clock departmental meeting on Thursday. Evil Death Stares (EDS- learn it, live it, love it) abounded.

Neither group was much help, I mostly freaked about all of the bad implications it carried as a by-product... you never want to tell someone what your issues with them are in a very public forum. Said person conveniently fails to see all the people you represent and focus on it was you that said it. That said, it went surprisingly well. It magically came together- largely because it was pulled out of my bum and was well received.

On to HK... the background you get on HK is that one day I got off of the elevators and accidently overheard a piece of a "discussion" with her new husband in which she poignantly told him that she married him because she loved him and not because she ever thought he could buy her a....... wait for it...... trust me you want to sit down..... it's coming and I need you to be ready.... "MANSION TRAILER". The 1st thought that went through my mind was "God does not like ugly, god does not like ugly, god does not like ugly..." and when I realized I had yet to burst into flames as proof of his wrath... I though "that is pretty great... what is a mansion trailer, where does one buy one of these, how much are they, can you still drive a mansion trailer around?" I have to say that Mansion Trailer has gotten me through some rough spots in my day.

So HK is going elsewhere and the girlies take her out for margaritas as is fitting... Hey, remember that time that we went out and HK thought it was a good ideas to invite the Office Depot guys that deliver our office supplies... right that was last night. That and Joules. Joules who is the lesson in making the most of everyday. She has rocked out her entire life and doesn't plan on stopping... or retiring... or spending time with the husband that has stage 4 cancer though he loves her like men do in fairy tales. At 70-something he still leaves her love notes... but I digress.

So we are the place for Margaritas and with much chagrin I have to say that my entourage were the screaming set at the end of the bar. and Joules is doing the jitterbug with the office depot guy. It is wrong on so many levels... the dancing, the amount of people, the caliber of people... but most of all the desperation that oozed from some of the girls we were with... and some of the men clamoring to talk to them, and all of the ways that people are looking for a meaningful connection in a bar. wow. so I want to leave but it is the outing that is all about HK, and the dream-killer did put down the books to come out for a second. So we stay and overall it was interesting... but makes me think that instead of circuit training in a class of 100, I shall enjoy the 4.2 mile run of the lakes. the solitude looks good to me, especially staring down the barrell of a concert by the "Chee Weez" at 10. ick.

Later I shall blog the call from mommiey... "Do people here eat racoons?"

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

You mean that true love isn't most often found in a bar??? This explains a lot! :) kidding.

KIRAN LIGHT said...

keep it up and i will bestow a mansion trailer upon you.