Thursday, September 07, 2006

Warning... Too much Billable Time may result in obnoxious gi-normous crushes


This afternoon is great. one might say.....gggggggrrrrrreeeaaaatttt!

Oh and happiness is unexpected P.F. Changs. Especially when one of us (me or maybe you) was dangerously close to not having lunch at all. I have so much work, and didn't want to go pick something off. And Chi-squared shows up and says "hurry and come get your lunch, the lettuce is going to wilt!" yep, lettuce wraps because I am afraid that everything from there is really bad for me (i read it in a women's magazine- so it must be true...but that is a different post).

I digress, so I actually stopped to eat with Bianca (like the mouse from the rescuers) and Bianca's sidekick. Sometimes it is good to step away and sit with people who have warm hearts. Just talking with them is like a warm cup of cocoa. And I came back with a completely different outlook. better.

and as I sit here and listen to my radio blog (fyi you can set up your own juke blog if you didn't know) my thoughts drift... and I feel my cheeks get hot, and my tummy feels funny... and I wonder if Mr. Chang is about to have an argument with me... no it is the certain someone I am thinking of. and I say wow... I have a full blown crush... I haven't done that in I don't know how long. That or I am really having issues with lunch. I'll let you know tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Seems like we both had "interesting" afternoons. That comment about having an argument with PF Chang was downright brilliant.

I think Part II answered most of your questions, and I see Part III coming soon.
Right now, I'm dealing with some problems I caused unintentionally at work. AARRGGHH!

If there was a wedding, of course you would be invited. Our main dishes will be a choice of raccoon or armadillo. I hope that's ok. ;-)

KIRAN LIGHT said...

how fitting... as long as you don't expect me to provide the roadkill *ahem* I mean main delicacies. did you really think the allusion brilliant?! :) It's hard to guage tone on text- I have too many friends who say things that mean other things for me to take it at face value. i.e. When I told the malty milt-head that I may have confused needing to burp for a crush he said "Honey, you're so pretty!" that is not what he meant.

Jonathan said...

I really did think the allusion brilliant :-)
I don't know that I'm capable of anything other than straight talk right now, though admittedly I wasn't when I wrote the comment.

I could use that funny you promised I would get when I was having a bad day ;-)

KIRAN LIGHT said...

Happy to oblige (so excited you like star wars- I do a great R2 sound, think beginning of the 3rd episode when she ship explodes and he slides across- it's that gr8). ok my funny is funny because 1. it's at my expense. 2. it would only happen here.

I am originally from NY, my sister moved back. The last time I went to visit her she bought me an I heart NY shirt as a gag- now we send each other the most touristy stuff just to out do each other... so I wore it to the gym under a sweatshirt. I was on the treadmill- I sweat, I take the sweater off. the guy next to me is laughing so hard he falls off of his treadmill. I'm like- is he laughing at me? so I ask. he doesn't want to tell me... I say "why? I'm a fun girl, I like to laugh, i promise not to be offended". He says "you look east Indian." I say "good job, how is that funny?" he says "you don't have to wear a shirt that says 'I didn't do it'". wow. get it? the twin towers.

My sister won, forever and ever because nothing I ever buy her will bring a reaction like that. I have part II if you need it.

Jonathan said...

Not only was this funny for the obvious reason, I also laughed at the line "Good job. How's that funny?"
This brightened my day. I meant to tell you that on Friday.
Thanks!