Monday, September 18, 2006

Blogging at the speed of light!

I haven't blogged since Thursday! wow. That seems like such a lifetime ago- so much as happened. We'll hit the big points and fill in as much as we have time for.

Friday-I grew some balls
Saturday- Hung out in a tree with my Grandma and that call in the 4th b/t LSU vs. Auburn was CRAP!
Sunday- All the angry words that I knew were coming from Friday finally showed up

right, so off we go.
Mentor is in town (stretched for 2 weeks so she can help with my personal statement which needs to be done a month ago) and when I am with her I remember how much I miss her. We had drinks Friday- I got graduation/birthday money. Dream-Killer showed up.

DK and I were supposed to go Salsa dancing at like 1030. He was early- he got pissy because he said I only said 5 words to him. As Mentor and I were leaving, we found him outside sulking. She pulled me aside to make arraignments for when I would see her next. She left.

DK and I go to the Wine Loft. The loft is not where salsa dancing is. I am not happy. We then go to where salsa is and the cover is like $10. I carry no cash so he goes upstairs to get it from the bar- he comes down and says we are not staying because there is no one fun there and we go back to the loft. I am confused and less happy than before. Then he proceeds to insult Mentor. "She's such a F**king B**ch!" He also enlightens me that the only reason she is my mentor and sees such potential in me is because she is gay and is biding her time to turn me out as well. to which I politely excuse myself to the bathroom... and I meant to go to the bathroom... but I found the door instead. Yep, I left him at the bar and went salsa dancing.

Before you think I'm crazy girl, let me explain. I have a handful of people that I am loyal to a fault to. Mentor is one, DK is another. She does not trash him (though she counsels me to be very very cautious. She remembers that he hit me.) During the course of our 'relationship' he was and is very protective of me. Sometimes that becomes borderline controlling. I don't know why he is but he is extremely insecure about every relationship. He thinks I love everyone else more than him- though there have been time that he has held up my world.

Sitting there with my night slowly going down hill- it occurred to me. I had my keys, my ID, and my debit card in my pocket. The only thing he provided was company- and it wasn't even good company. I have a job that pays me enough. If I want a drink I can buy myself one, if I want 6, I can afford that too. I was taking myself home anyway. and it really brought into focus how much I take from him. no mas. no ma'am.

Had I sat there I would have either had words with him there or drank too much wine and had words with him later. Granted my terrible action only put it off until Sunday. But believe me when I tell you I had the most fun Salsa dancing. Met some guy who was French-Lebanese and spent the rest of the night proposing. Somewhere about 2, he went to find a piece of paper to give me his # (I left cell in the car) and I snuck out and left him too.

Follow-up blogs to follow.

Oh and let me stress how wrong I realize I was, and am not trying to justify my childish response in any way. Except that I don't regret it at all.

No comments: