Wednesday, September 06, 2006

85.6% random...100% goofy

1. They are doing construction downtown- not around the building where I work but I pass them on my trek from the parking lot. I can see them from here. They wear diffent colored hard hats- not just yellow but bright blue (almost neon) light green and I swear I saw a pink one (or maybe I wanted to see a pink one since I have a pink one). They amuse me. from up here they remind me of the SIMS with the little jewels above their heads... it makes me wonder... If my life were like a great big SIM game... what would it be called? "the SIMS stuck in purgatory"? "Mythical SIMS" (i.e. lots of fairyness). hmmm... dunno.

2. Had words with mommiey on Sunday. That never happens, so you know it was something ridiculously stupid. one of those principle things... wanna how it ended? I locked me keys in my car last night like a big dumb dummy head. I had to call her at work to see if she had my spare on her. She did not. I looked very grown up getting the dream-killer to take me to the hopital so I could steal her truck, go to her house- get my key- go back to the hospital and drive her out to my car so I could get in it... and she could go back to work. I know it was an inconveinence to her (and the dream-killer) and I felt so bad, especially since she was still mad at me. But she says "you're human- you made a mistake. it happens"... and suddenly it's all better.

3. Back to the dream killer- he was mad, I woke him up. Especially since I locked my keys in my car 3 weeks ago. But that time I didn't even need his help. So he fusses the whole way to the hospital and I say I'm sorry I didn't do it on purpose. He says why didn't I check that I had my keys- I say I was running late, plus on the way to the Habitat meeting I had to stop to get something to eat because I didn't eat lunch... and then he REALLY got mad. "Why are you worried about being late for something that is for CHARITY?! They do not pay you, in case you didn't notice..." My snappy comeback? "Fine, I did do it on purpose it is an elaborate game to validate to myself who loves me and who doesn't"... His snappy comeback? "Whatever, you still have a lumpy head."

Further why he is the dream-killer? because he is the voice of reason/devil's advocate.

after somebody's wedding (this IS the year of the weddings) I remember sitting on his porch with a cup of something. The weddings sort of get to a single girl after a while. You try not to let it, and yes I am happy for everyone in the world, but sometimes it's a bit easy to say "why not me? I know that girl and she's nuttier than a fruitcake... but she has forever and ever... and I had cake"... to which the ever sensitive dream-killer says... "So, basically you are sad because you do not have a husband that you do not want?" exactly. because I do want one but not just ANYone.

So in the meantime I have the dream-killer who does not ever cut his words with me (which I am grateful for even if it never says what I want it to) but would do anything in his power to make sure that I never felt I had to do something stupid to get attention from some guy. and that's a good thing, even if he is the dream-killer.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Who is the dream killer? Have you referenced him in the past? I thought I read all your previous posts and I don't remember hearing of him.

KIRAN LIGHT said...

whole post devoted to him to come.