Tuesday, July 31, 2007

...pete and repeat...

How can I be accused of having abandonment issues if no one ever truly goes away?

and also... what's up with the world being all out of whack? Let me say this again people... all women (we can ever stretch this to all people) are beautiful amazing goddesses that we should try to uplift and help to be the best that they can be.. and never insult anybody ever...etc etc..

BUT let me also say this again... and pay attention this time... If you take a shot at me, that is free reign to knock you smooth the f*ck out.

Back to the first one... Bama. (go ahead and say it... better yet, don't say it)

So Little Bit gives me my 1st set of training workouts for the triathlon. I am looking over it... she says "Look at Thursday... what does it say?" Swim. It says swim.

She further says... "that means get in the pool and go hard for 30 min... and that is the easiest this is going to be." I look away.

She says "Look at me... you CAN swim by now... can't you?" I hide under my super cute Nike hat, that matches my shorts.

She snatches me by the hand and drags me to the indoor and outdoor pools. They are 25 ft. respectively. She threatens to throw me in.. I say "I'm on a list!" which I am... at the only other gym with a lap pool that I wouldn't have to pay extra for. She says "If you would just suck it up and do it here, we would be done by now." she is right.

So we ask the life guard on duty about lessons... he defers to Bama. SHIT. Little bit makes a bee-line for Bama's office and I beat her to it and block the door. Which was futile because he was stretching on a mat and watching us.

She bops over to him and I literally dragged her away. We picked a different place to start for circuit. Bama did not work out in our group, but he stayed for circuit. I think we are done here.

So we go hard, and stretch. I grab my and Bunny's stuff and try to sneak out. And got called out. LOUD. "Ms. K... Get your beautiful bum back here!" Bunny waits for me by the door.

Bama: Ms. K. I know you can't swim...
K: Yes, but I'm on a list

Bama: One month, you have one month for me to teach you to swim... and then I am leaving forever. I'm going to Tampa. (he's going to GM for a branch of gym- it's a huge step up.)
K: Congrats.

Bama: Why do you think you haven't gotten scheduled for lessons at Southside yet?
K: that's not nice! Why did you pull my name?

Bama: Why didn't you ask me to give you lessons? You know I would do it for nothing.
K: Because I would rather ask a complete stranger

Bama: Why?
(like he doesn't know why! because this is awkward... and I started to like you, and this didn't go well, and you were interested in other girls... and I don't trust anything you say... and I hate that I got butterflies over the words FORMAL COURTSHIP... like you pitched for the relationship to get me to sleep with you!) That is not what came out.

I hide under my cute Nike hat that matches my shorts. He snatched the hat off my head. I snatched it back. and said:

K: Because you think I'm trying to stalk you.
and left to him screaming : We are going to talk about this!

ok I never said I was brilliant, nor that this was the best interaction ever. I didn't call. he didn't either. Maybe I can just avoid him for a month until he goes away forever? That is not growth. Big girl.. I am past this. I am. I am over it and it is not awkward and I am over the disappointment and capable of superficial relationships.

I don't have him in my phone anymore... so I'm just not answering 803 numbers.. even if I have the option of the big girl conversation... he still should get voice mailed. because he said FORMAL COURTSHIP. and I was stupid enough to believe him. That other thing will just have to wait.

No comments: