Thursday, July 12, 2007

I approach "friendly debates" like competing on Survivor.

1. I am in it to win...
2. I will be patient for as long as it takes.
3. I will Outwit, Outplay and Outlast (TM)
4. I can concede the battle but not the war

bring it Bee-otch! (yeeeeeaaaaahhhh bumblebee!)

case in point, I am a day late on the David Vitter (U.S. R. Senator from LA) info. I saw it on MSNBC yesterday and laughed until I cried. I am 2 days late on posting.

I laughed until I cried because Jenny Bear helped out with his campaign. She was uber-committed and politically backing of this douche. When we lived together our routine consisted of Saturday morning coffee while washing clothes... before Tourettes woke up hung-over from Friday night.

Coffee was usually several hours of talking about everything under the sun. Lot of politics as well... with a background rumble of cartoons (for ambiance).

I take no issue with Vitter, but I did sort of cock my head to the side over his "Family Values" platform and strong righteousness. I'm not saying I don't believe in those things. I do. But if a public figure wears this as his super-hero cloak... note 2 things:

* You better believe it 110%
* and you better live it 110%

Meaning you do not get to do anything wrong EVER! why? Because you look like the worst sort of slimy politician... because you were supposed to be the good guy. If not EVEN you can get it right, we are all f*cked.

Our further battle to the death was the proposed bill that banned same sex marriages. Ok, I said it was a long time ago. The issue I took with the stands of politicians was a religious bias. I argued from the stance of "We live in America, we have a separation of Church and State. You can feel strongly anti-same sex marriage... but argue it without bringing Christianity into it and tell me why it's wrong. The idea of marriage that is controversial is an institution recognized by the state. It is separate from what the Church recognizes which the state can not outlaw and the church doesn't have to recognize. People still live in union..."

Enter Vitter to put his foot in his mouth. How sacred are those vows he righteously upheld? and the is the apology now because he suddenly feels bad, or he suddenly got caught? hmmmm.... where was the askance of forgiveness when he smited his marriage?

hee hee.

So I talk to JB today.... and she says "I was waiting for you to call me. Ok you got THIS ONE, but you are still backing Jindal and he's a Republican too, so I won that one." hee hee.

Also, the bribe taking- Urkel looking Cleo Fields is running again for State Senate as the incumbent.... so the Politician won't be getting that one. Here is hoping I'm wrong on that one. I will still support and back him.. but a little quieter and more demurely.... he is after all running against an incumbent.

No comments: