Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Blue Crushes all around...or Blue Hawiians...whichever

You must be 18 to serve alcohol.

You must be 21 to consume alcohol (and buy lottery tickets. and cigarettes?)

You must be 21 to flirt with me.

You must be 24 to take me out.

You must be at least 26-ish to be taken serious by me.

So those last couple are kind of tentative. :)

I say this in light of few recent events. 1st of TRANSFORMERS WAS AWESOME! I don't remember the last time I was in a movie theater transfixed and clapping like a child. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Tourettes threatened to sit on me if I didn't shut up. So what, she weighs like 2 lbs. I can take her.

As we leave she says "That was so great... I feel like we should have an adventure! Or just lunch." We had lunch.

But... I have drinks tentatively scheduled for tomorrow evening... with a 21 year old bartender. This is not good. I said yes because I really wanted to say no. But this is how we are to have experience and stop being awkward. Yes? ok, I have no idea.

Coffee this morning yielded the girlies and I talking about patterns. Patterns in our lives, our mistakes, our decisions. and how to change such things. Lemon may have been a repeat of another guy who tried to date me. Super sweet and I kind of didn't recognize how special it was. Because it is. Or I just didn't know what to do with it.

So you promise yourself that next time you will be different the next time, and then it comes back... and you do the same thing. Crazy right?

Intro bartender. Bartender at a restaurant/bar that I've been dragged to a good couple of times in the past couple of months. He is always sweet sweet. He makes me cool stuff and entertains me when I do not want to talk to anyone else at the bar. The last time I was there he asked for my #. I took his instead (which means I'm not going to call. Eventually I will call a # I have been given... it just hasn't happened yet). He puts his # in my phone... and calls himself. So now he has my #. Very good.

I deleted his #. He just hasn't been around long enough to earn a permanent place (like my phone is permanent... do know how many I've been through in the last year?!)

But he texts. He's cool. He's in summer school. This does not look good. I didn't know he was 21 until I'd already agreed to have drinks. But I am still going to go... if only to get used to the idea... and learning to be open and comfortable with myself. (ohhhh I sound like a loser!)

Which oddly enough is why I had lunch with the 22 year old. How did I miss that he was not that cute? Scotch. That was how. The night I met him, Scotch was my best friend. He showed up at the Olive garden in shorts, tee shirt, and flip flops. After expressing for several days how much he looked forward to this. No, that looks like you are a slob. That is what it looks like. It also looks like lack of effort.

Yes I acknowlege I am spoiled. And what makes it worse is that not even retardo Dream Killer can say he doesn't know how to behave himself. He changed his cell to an international plan and bought a cheaper cell in London to call me 4 times a day every day. Yes guys know how to pursue a prize and don't ever let me hear you say differently.

The conversation was cool but it was evident that we were just on different wave lengths. He's never been to college and is fiercely proud of being a "blue collar" worker. There is nothing wrong with that. But he brought much ex-girlfriend issues to the table. literally. Which looks out of place for a 1st date and also looks like it is not my problem. So no more him.

My friends try to pass it off as he is young and he doesn't know any better. Which is cool. It is not like I told him that I would never answer the phone when he calls again. I did politely thank him for lunch. But the experience itself was good.

But yeah... we are about to have one more parameter for saying no... age. who knew I would get the young ones? What's up with that? It's not like I get the option of Floridian surfers ;) like some people.

No comments: