Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Idealism is expensive.

I think it may be the most expensive trait I encompass. Even more so than petulance, shoe fetishes or being a mini snob. Mini because I can not afford to be a big-girl snob. So I've retaliated by being Bond Girl on a Budget. Very super hero like... very super heroine looking... but today my entire outfit was massively on sale at the Banana Republic.

and yet...

So I need a new job. I am still aggressively b*tch slapping sites w/my resume. The hits are coming, slow at times, then in spurts... then offers I cannot afford to take. Or the no from progressive and Pfizer which was uncharted territory.

Talking to Dk (yes I am now talking to him. 4 times a day. He calls 4 times a day. every day. it's hard to stay that mad for that long!) he says "really? offers you CAN'T AFFORD to take, really K? Dramatic much?"

no. and i resent the implication.

I did get a hit that made me sit right up. Coordinator for a new non-profit initiative to promote literacy in my parish (think county) as a test and ultimately state-wide school system. Whoa! I want it. Yes, please. Now, please.

I got this nibble from the local government and based on teaching for JA and other stuff. Very exciting. So what the problem is?

I will tell you and then we will have a deafening moment of silence for how broke I am about to be.

It is under the umbrella (brella...brella. I hate that song) of the AmeriCorps. This job is a full time position for appx. $11,000 for the 1 year commitment. F*CK. ohhh and at the end you get a 4,500 stipend to go towards educational expenses. Basically Loans or Tuition.

I am going to be sick.

Bianca quips "No, you are about to be a weekend bar-tender." I give her an EDS to which she snickers and says "You are too passionate about this. You have already talked yourself into it. You and that goofy bleeding heart". ugh.

Dream Killer's take? He is about to be a law clerk for the Dept of Insurance and still getting student loans. He looks like a slimy weasely-snake hissing "I look really good to you right now, don't I?"

ummm. no. no you do not.

Mr. Johnny Walker.. he looks like a prince among men.

I am further saddened by this as I get ready for work this morning and imagine how much I could cut my expenses and how little I could live on. I remember the days when my hand lotion (Clarins) was a luxery. Like the only way I got it was because my mommy would feel sorry for me and take to to a department store make up counter and buy me stuff.

No comments: