Friday, July 13, 2007

Beautiful Backhands.

So literally that is the back of some one's hand. With Henna on it. and you thought I was going to go for the uber-obvious tennis pic. Imagination, people.

Yesterday was weird.

I have new running shoes. I got them from an uber-specialty running shop that analyses the way you walk/ run and finds the perfect shoes for you. The ones I got are by Brooks. They were $120 w/tax and they are ugly. But they feel amazing. I have had the same shin splint that feels like a fracture for almost a month. It was time to change the shoes because I am still working out on it. I have never spent that much on athletic shoes. Mom chimes in w/ "really? because I've spent more than that on your sporting/leisure equipment!"

So we'll see if these things are worth it. As they are un-becoming I will certainly only wear them to work out it (shallow I know... and I tried so hard to pick cuter ones... but they didn't fit/feel the same). Below are my shoes.

Back-handedness... Out of the mouth of a woman I know superficially at my place of work "What are you still doing here? This job is beneath you, you are too talented, too experienced, too good for this ... blah blah"

She ambushed me at the water fountain. I said something like "I know, I'm looking. For a while this job allowed me to do all of the other things etc.." But the sad truth is that she is right. and my boss and I had a battle of wills this week. Which was stupid on her part. Why? because she got her bum handed to her when I was out for 9 weeks. Another peer is about to have some surgery and she will be out for 6-8 weeks.

My ideal situation would be to quit the day my peer leaves. and my new boss will be up a creek. and I will forget that she exists.

The battle came over my non-schedule. I come and go as I please. You get 8 hours plus out of me. I am the best at what I do and I help my other people. If you want to drop me into a structured 8-5... go ahead but you just shot yourself in the foot. How did she over look that she needs me? no matter, much like a guy who fails to behave himself, I will not tell you what you should know. you will know it when you don't have it. ugh.

Mr. Working on his Masters in Philosophy is going to have a child. With a girl he has dated for 2 months-ish. Weird. Not an ideal circumstance, but he is going to be a great father. and I look around and think I am ready to be open to a relationship and get to a point where a baby is a possibility...but I don't know what I would do if I had just baby. I guess I'd figure it out as I went along.

Ick. goofy disjointed post. Also, got a call-back from big consulting firm about a Corporate Training Co-ordinator. I could do that. Now I just need Bunkles to tell me what he does (that is what he does for my company). He's coming in early to have coffee w/me.

I am so ready for something good to happen. Also, I feel like Shy is my big test in life. He offered me a job working for him. I do not want to work for him. He puts $50K on the table, 1/2 of it being a non-taxed check. To be office manager of a dialysis center he is trying to get up and running. But I can't. He is my friend on a good day and an acquaintance when he shows his bum. That does not mix well w/ a professional relationship. Even for $50K. I haven't given the official no but I know better than to take the devil's offer.

You guys can email your thoughts on this... I'm in massive need of guidance.


No comments: