Friday, July 20, 2007

what's your story?

So I'm listening to NPR on the way in this morning (SHUT UP! It's science Friday.) and there is a recording of a woman's story about growing up with epilepsy and the way people reacted to her seizures during her childhood. It is part of an on-going community art project where people go into these special booths and record a story. They are housed at the library of congress and I imagine there is an archive on NPR's website.

As I listen, I wonder... what would our defining story be? What would you talk about in a booth that gives the impression of privacy and the vague promise of anonymity... and you have one shot to go as long as you want. What would it be?

I think maybe it would be like a verbal blog? like what I do here but talking about it. and you would want to pick something that you really want to express as it is not unlimited and you want someone to listen. I think. hmmm dunno.

Today promises to be a good one. Blanca comes out the shop next week. JB is making dinner for me tonight. and the new shoes and I ran on Wednesday to great results. It was yesterday that was physically not so good.

As you recall the goal for the end of this year is to get into vigorous training schedule for triathalon for next year. I'm not saying I will be able to do the damn thing... as mommiey points out "you have issues... real limiting issues. You can't train and stop, you have to be consistent as an athlete to do these things (mom used to be a runner) but you as a person have to stop when your body tells you to."

argh.

Wednesday was the 1st day back in the gym from last Wednesday. With therapy the workouts have been spotty. So 1st day back was a beast... Anti-gravity class (think the total gym machine) abs for 1/2 an hour, then 2 rounds of circuit and a mile on the track. and I was still able to walk after. not bad.

Today is circuit and 2 laps on track. Maybe we'll see how the 4.2 miles of the lakes do this weekend. plus I have new tape to wrap my knee under the brace :)

The only other thing I have is no more posting Bama. We're done there. No issues. I wasted too much thought on someone not worth it. my bad.

oh and I love A-rod. Since the Ken Griffy days with the Mariners... but maybe leaving the yankees? my favoritest team ever? really... and the cheating on his wife (insert horrified-shocked-saddened expression that was mixed with no surprise what so ever!). grrrr.

I do like the fans making fun of him with the masks though. C'mon that is freakin funny.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

How did I miss the masks in the pic of A-rod? That's great. Not quite as good as the dudes that showed up in suits of armor when Knoblach had his throwing problems (I'm sure you can google that), but pretty damn funny nonetheless.