Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Plays Well With Others"

That is me. Or at least it will be.

It is on a shirt and I guess I should buy the shirt.

Further, the Malty Milt Head is a fantastic asset for me to have. He happened to call on the day of interview with uber-awesome consulting firm in my city. He is beside himself that he called on THAT day. We schedule debriefing coffee for post-interview. Speaking of coffee... I have great coffee today. I bought it in a specialty shop in New Orleans.... for $10 for a tiny bag it had better be amazing! it is.

So yesterday I get the call to have 2nd interview with hiring manager. which the MMH is convinced it is due to the serendipitous event of HIM calling ME. Usually if we lose each other for months at a time, it is me that drops the call or text of "How are you, whatcha doing? Tell me you still exist and schedule some face time so I remember what you look like!"

Further, his stance of "let's work on you and figure out what was up with the 'no'" may have started to pay off. This is the guy who owned his own company and sold it, then moved to VP of a telecom company, then pharmaceuticals... rounded out with medical equipment. His parents both have PhDs and chastise his mere Masters. (I should be so lucky to have such a problem).

He has been staffer and head cheese in many many powerful situations, so his criticisms are useful. and as he knows Bond and the extent to which I need to be handled with kid gloves.

But in some ways I can see the progress. Even from the superstitious weirdo.

His further analysis of consulting firm is that the last interview is to make sure I play well with others. His great big sage advice "THINK BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH!!!!! PLEASE FILTER!!!! NO JUST WINGING IT!!!' and when (i say if) I get this job... he is paying for obnoxious dinner.

and how great would it be if we could schedule it between the 5 days that separate our birthdays. Did I tell you that Bunny's is 2 days after mine? We are trying to do Destin for that weekend.

I heart Bunny. She mailed me an encouragement card and I did a goofy dance at the mail box.

also, had quarterly review at work yesterday... apparently I ROCK on paper... so they would get the benefit of a 2 week notice. :)

oh and MMH sent me this as our horror-scope today.

The smiles that people will be giving you today will carry a slightly more risque message than 'Hi, how ya doing?' -- there is a lot of flirtatious energy around you today, and romance is most definitely favored. All this attention will leave you feeling good and ready to move a relationship to the next level. It's time to stop beating around the bush and tell that certain someone what you are feeling. They have been waiting for you to make the first move for a while. -


.......right.... today's theme DjMark - 111bpm - Maroon 5 - Makes me Wonder because I like this version.

No comments: