Thursday, August 09, 2007

Can't Touch This.

My last semester of college consisted of one class. Freshman Biology Lab over the summer.

I don't know why this was so hard for me, but it was.

My lab partner was a super adorable freshman girl (see how important she was? I still remember her name. or not) who was a smart a** to boot. Needless to say, we got along really well.

The day we got back our 1st lab happened to be the day I picked up my cap and gown... so I was late to class. I glided in behind the lecturing teacher and took my seat. Lab partner whispered "Nice of you to join us".

She was so cute. so naive. so innocent.

I took my time while I looked at the lab we got back. We'd gotten 100. Of course we did, it was my lab.

I smiled as I showed her the inside of my bag with the cap and gown. and the lab that said 100. and calmly, patiently and slowly... explained that this 1 lab guarenteed my D in this class even if I didn't do any other assigments or tests. That was a pass and all I needed to ensure I walked with the rest of my class...

... further, from there on out- everyday that I "joined" her for class... was a HUGE gift.

She was very quiet that day. :)

That has become my existence here. I didn't even get to formally say I was leaving. I requested an audience with my boss... she looked me in the face and said "God Da**it, You're quitting!". I gave her a piece of paper with my sentence and a half:

Please consider this my two weeks notice of resignation. My last day will be August 17, 2007. Thank you.

and she signed the acknowlegment I gave her. and knew she was F*cked.

The last couple of days she asks that I train lesser mail clerks and seasoned people who have been here for 20 years on the idiot proof things of what I do, and she will have to absorb the rest. and she further asks that I write out procedures as much as possible for the 11 billion things she does not know. :)

let's do that again :)

that felt really good :)

So I am and I will. and my sparkly work ethic says that I will hold up my end of the bargain and stay until the 17th. Or as close to it as possible. Because these are the days that I could literally set my desk on fire, and still be gainfully employed. :)

Also, I have TONS of new BFFs. People who have never felt the need to have a civil conversation with me are spending quality time at my conference table... usually asking for lets of reccomendation. I have a running list. but not all of those people are getting a letter. and none of them have a concrete promise. they all know I may not "get to"them.

and we do all of this, because you never know what life gives you. The Firm may not work out. But how much do we love that it is also a Fortune 500 company (albeit barely) that actually ACTS and DRESSES like one.

Since getting the offer, someone from there has called everday to get me squared away. Paper work etc. Making sure I don't need anything, happy to have me. Excited to see me. etc. etc. :)

Cheers.



:)

No comments: