Friday, May 11, 2007

Drunk Bunny.


*HOW FUNNY! I took a "which happy bunny are you" quiz after I typed post out and this is who I am. Nice.
also... today's theme Jay Sean - Maybe... DO NOT JUDGE ME! (it's on repeat. it makes me go *sigh*)
Once upon a time either Madigan or I was sad. Maybe it was after a Spanish final. We did not call anyone else. We got dressed and went to our favorite bar (because at the time... it cost us nothing to drink there. I forget how we managed that. But I'm sure whatever we drank was awful). The game plan was to sit at the bar and drink until we felt better.

Not dance with people. Not to talk to people. Not to talk ABOUT people. and we were quite suspect on whether or not we were to talk to each other.

So we sat there and drank. Like clockwork I got sick. and we did not feel better.

We go to the bathroom and she holds my hair for me to be sick. as we leave we are both bobbing and weaving... and she falls and laughs hysterically.

"We look like drunk bunnies! or we would if bunnies could get drunk!"

and somehow we remembered that. and that is the name of any intoxicated person. Drunk Bunny. It's funny for the time, and in retrospect... or put in full context of say NOW, it's kind of depressing.

I did not do margaritas last night. I don't want to make it out to drink tonight. I will let Dk take me to a movie and buy me popcorn. But I don't want every social occasion to involve getting blitzed. and with Tourettes it does. ok that is an exaggeration. She is trying to do better. and she is... but if it's not like the lakes or a specific event... there will be lots of beer. it's never just one and great conversation.
Quatro de Mayo we met for Mexican (JB and I). I invited Tourettes as she called in between. It was cool but whenever we drink, I force her to eat. because she won't... which is why size 0 pants fall off of her. We go to a couple of other bars and the Unicorn is with us... who does not drink at all... so we spend a sizable amount of time deflecting Tourettes or trying to minimize contact lest the Unicorn be damaged by what she sees.

By the time JB and I got to the Wine Loft we should not have been drinking anymore. It was stupid. We have great bartenders there. "G" gives us wine. We try it, I don't like it. He gives me something else and I tell him to give me water. We have no tab at the Loft because he has seen me cut JB off and she listens. He has called us a cab before and pays for it. I wonder how much of a lush we look like that he has seen that more than once. as I look at this... it looks like we are all lushes. but truly not...but the isolated instaces seemed to be getting closer and closer together.

Today I talk to Tourettes and she is mopey. She did something she is not proud of while drinking too much. Tonight she has plans to entertain some of our married friends- they do not get out much, they have a baby-sitter so they will be ripping it up. So will she.

I'm not being preachy. Obviously I drink too. But I can also not. and I don't want to drink excessively every time I leave the house. Dk says it is a part of the "culture" of the South.
So we do this, and we are not happy with it, and the solution to the problem is to do it again? at the time it is all in the name of "fun" and yet it does not produce stories to be proud of.

I dunno, but I'm too old to be doing this, at some point it's just not fun anymore.

No comments: