Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sum of all parts.

Once, in a moment of what can only be described as "clairvoyance, Lemon made the observation that some of my likes/dislikes and habits contain or were a result of remnants from old boyfriends. I countered with, while that may be true, I don't think it's just boyfriends... I think to some degree we become the sum (so to speak) of the people closest to us whom we choose to keep so close.
If you had not heard... I am doing the LSAT again. and prepping with Princeton. I know, I know... you see a colossal waste of money. But this time it is not my money (if it were, this would not be happening). So does mommiey think it a waste of her money? No, she sees it as supporting my dream. If I am unhappy with my score she is trying to make me have the better score. Which (arguably) leads to better school. For this girl, more importantly it intimates a school outside of LA. Which is the lesser goal right under getting into dream school and great law school.

but it comes not without much hard work on my part. Since last Feb's debauchal, I am willing to concede that my approach did not work. and I am only to happy to place my pliable self into a Princeton LSAT guru's magic hands. We have talked, he is convinced he can get me to finish line w/ a kick a** score... off we go.

Ahhh... But if you know me, you know how discouraged and mentally exhausted I was... so what would make me want this? and most of all, what would bring me to the frame of mind that I could do this?

My parts.

The only person I sought and opinion from was JD (please don't take that personally!). However, when informed of said decision, others weighed in.

DK: you've beaten my score! You should have been accepted everywhere... You are so much smarter than me

(I have to remind him that my last name is not his... his carries a bit more weight, maybe only here,actually in DC also)

Bunny: I am assuming that was a very thought out decision... I know how hard it was to come to... know that you have lots of love and support... blah blah

Bianca: (and this one kind of stopped me for a sec) If you insist. I am slightly disappointed you didn't pull you stuff together in spite of that. Call me when you need me to proof.

Of the 4 sets, the one I snuggle up to is Bunny's. Why? You may now know this (I didn't either) but Bunny has her PhD in Pharmacy. You say... then why does she work for the Governor's Office making far less than she should?

because she did not pass her boards. 2X. and she quit (and got depressed... and then took the 1st job open... fast forward 5 years brings us to now). And she thinks of it everyday. and get to pay loans on it. and has to realistically look at what she can so with her education and experience... and they don't match, thus options are not so forth coming.

Staring down the precipice of being a paper pusher... a better school may not give me the dream job... but an intimidating name opens a few more doors. and most of all... not here.

No comments: