Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Today I met a woman in physical therapy because a Disney character on stilts pushed her down.


I'm not kidding. I tried not to laugh and to fake genuine concern. "Was she badly hurt?" (no she is just suing everything Disney) But that is a good segue to this weeks task... Make more of an effort to be concerned about other people. Why? It's only fair. I can give you too many examples of the people who seek me out of my cave when I am sad or hurt or upset or less Kiran than I should be...

it was brought to my attention that I am spoiled by Billy the cop. I see him occasionally. He's older and wiser and some kind of cop. We know each other superficially... he's always at the Capital (state cap building downtown) so he knows Bunny too. She and I are talking, he walks up and we exchange pleasantries... I thought.

then he screams "I'M FINE! THANKS FOR ASKING!" and I think he is a weirdo and want to run away. Bunny starts laughing... I missed the joke. I give him a blank look and he says "You didn't ask it back. I said 'how are you' you said 'very well thank you' and kept talking about whatever". Oh. my bad.

Followed up with Will.I.Am no longer works at my gym (I am sad beyond words over this). We crossed ships Monday and I said "you are going the wrong way...gym is this way" and he hugs me and says "I'm sorry beautiful, I don't work here anymore." I offered him my Gatorade but let him be because he didn't want to talk. He promises to work out w/us when he's not mad.

Fast forward to Avi is going to try a different spin class w/me and Bama plops in front of me as I stretch on mats. He starts out polite and I pull the sad face and this is how it goes

me: "What happened to my friend?"
Bama: "You know summer is busy for me, I'll be back working out w/you in about 2 months"

me:"not you. why doesn't Will.I.Am work here anymore"
Bama: "I wasn't aware he wasn't. Let me go check... are you sure you didn't want to hear about me?"

He got a sympathy hug. not weird... didn't feel the need to duck (technically there was no way I could duck) So he finds out and comes back to say he will have to tell me about it away from the gym. I don't like it but I respect it. and then he suggests that he won't tell me on the phone so I should go somewhere with him. No. not doing that again. that just turns out bad for me. I will find someone else to tell me. Or get Will's # from someone else and call him my damn self. How rude.

and then my class started...so Bama got cut short and went away. So 2x it was brought to my attention that I need to pay attention to other people (not Bama he was just an example). Rounded out w/ I haven't seen Bunny in like 2 weeks... that is the longest we have ever gone w/out seeing each other. I call and she tells me she had a small surgery on Monday but on meds and doing fine. I threatened to snatch her through the phone for not telling me. She says "but you are hurt, and busy, and I didn't want to bother you". Ummm... ok, now I feel bad because I have no good reason to neglect my friends and I should have made more of an effort to get in touch and not just phone tag. ick.

we had dinner and drinks w some people last night. Dk drank too much so I drove him home. He asked me to move in w/him and here's hoping that was just the Crown talking.

No comments: