Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The purpose of polite?

Why is it that everytime I am negative about someone... I am smacked by the cosmos.

I successfully ducked Bama all day yesterday. Today I made it through all of circuit. No Bama. Bunny and I talk... we've only played phone tag for a few days... so we really talked. about stuff and the disappointing Engineer... and that DK wants to list me as a driver on his Jeep insurance... and I am claustraphobic that this is a move towards boyfriend like actions...

and she walks me to my jeep... and here it comes. untucked and loud. and I had hoped he would just say hi and keep walking. But he waves... slows...and despite me pinching Bunny-she leaves. He comes over to coo. looks at the damage and I say (and still believe) Blanca is the smartest thing I ever bought.

He circles the jeep and nods. and says "well, Blanca does have a big ass- it looks like she took one for the team" (the spare on the liberty is on the back). "I don't suggest you use that spare- even if it was a full. or have it checked, your rim might be bent. It might be ok on the back, but don't put it on the front." I don't want car advise from him.

We exchange pleasantries, I avoid the hug because I worked out.

He is polite. He is "nice". but there is nothing there that makes me feel special. and Bunny is right, it is time for me to be over it. So do I keep ducking him to avoid the polite, tell him to stop talking to me, find another gym, or suck it up and admit that I got attached to the wrongest person who displayed the right verbage with no potential.

*hint* sucking it up also involves continuously ducking. Somehow in a year and almost a half... whenever I try to talk to him about anything that matters to me... I feel silly. That by itself is telling.

Is it sad to want to be in love?

No comments: