Sunday, May 27, 2007

I have terrible taste in music.

I say this as I listen to Blue Skies (FAC 15). kind of house music circa 2-3 years ago.

and I knew everything they play at Tsunami... which is awful by itself. why? as K-dawg (JB's husband) puts it... "of course K has been here 3 times in one week, this is the hottest place to be seen in the city. this is the trendy hot spot". Ok. I am not trendy and my city is feeling smaller and smaller.

Yesterday was JB's birthday... you are wondering how I knew this as I do not remember the birthday things. I remember because she called and told me. suckers. that is how this works... if you want me to know, you have to tell me.

She wanted to do the Wine Loft and it's her B-day so I let her have it. K-dawg was Dj-ing so he did not join us. We did brunch at her parents' house in the morning... I had a full LSAT and then drinks and little food starting about 830-ish. She is my best friend. I put that out there and I love her to pieces. But she is becoming a person I do not recognize. I do not want to judge her or leave her to her own devices but she is starting to show Madigan tendencies.

Why do I say so?

I picked her up. She wore black pants and a see through top with halter style you don't try to get away with unless your breasts are perfect. and hers were once upon a time. Before the baby, the baby weight, and breast feeding. It was terribly Anna Nicole-esque. The outfit was further trash as it came from one of those cheap stores in the mall that high school girls shop at... you wash it once and it falls apart. I tried to suggest a different approach but no dice.

In her early 20's she would never have worn that.. and then she had the body to do it. With age our idea of what is sexy changes. Not to say I didn't have terrible club-y clothes, I did. I don't know because I am not so comfortable w/wearing next to nothing in public. As my Happy Drunk Ken Doll puts it "you are 20-something. you don't have to show your boobs to look hot".

So we get to the loft and it is interesting. She makes mention that we could probably get some guy to pick up our tab as it is her b-day. No. I don't pimp myself out and I'm not going to be pimped either. Yes we've had tabs picked up by guys we don't know... but I (there by we...) never go to a bar with the mission of getting some guy to buy me a drink. I have a damn job, and my self respect is a bit more expensive than a cosmo with goose. it is fucking priceless and I was under the impression that so was hers.

She is making equal flirtatious pitches for bartender, Ryan the bar manager and his new protege. It is not good. I don't think I am going to the loft for a good while (this was he 2nd time this week I've been). I am embarrassed at the low esteem her behavior shows. She is married. She dated K-Dawg for 7 years before they got married (it's been 3 years) and she was sure for at least those last 3 years that she was ready beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm sure the baby changed things...

But k-dawg loves her. is the best for to and with her. Goes to a job he hates so she doesn't have to work. and she spends more and more of her time trying to get male confirmation that she is a MILF. he started the Dj-ing business to make extra money after working 18 hour days. and I want to slap the bloody hell out of my friend.

At least bartender "g" is showing some sense. He is dating waitress there and stays away. He sends us shots but does not stay for more than 30 seconds at a time. Jen is long lashes and cleavage out. and I divert my eyes like everyone else.

and she has a daughter. How do I tell my sunshine that even though Paris and Brittney do it, it doesn't work in the real world and the consequences to a young girl exploiting her sexuality are that is you don't develop your other assets you turn yourself into an object.. and it's not as cute at 40. and you can't get angry and bitter at lesser men for taking advantage of a situation you exacerbate.

Dk's assessment... "why is JB acting like white trash?" why indeed.

No comments: