Wednesday, June 20, 2007

1 vs. 5,000

X2.

I will explain the title line 1st. Remember that time that I thought there was a chance that I could be a drug rep? and then I spammed the various pharmaceutical websites with my resume? and then one of the biggest pharma companies (seriously... one of the heavies... if you are reading this you know which one, even if you don't know you know... but you know. exactly what you are thinking... that is probably the one) gave me a nibble. huh?

So Monday I have 2 prelim phone interviews with this company. I immediately call Malty Milt Head who used to work for this exact company to say "Help me! Tell me how to get this job!" So between now and Monday... I have to become uber-corporate drug cheerleader. Yay drugs! or Just say no... unless you are asking your dealer (I mean doctor!) if you can have the stuff you saw on TV.

But the line comes in... as he is calming me down... he says "It's going to be great K. You interview well, you really do. Plus it helps that about 5,000 post for every single one of those jobs. You have had your resume looked at and picked... so now you are in the realm of about 500... and then you had it picked for 2 positions... that is quite impressive."

and yet... an interview does not make an employed drug rep. So he is telling me how and what to research and how and what I am going to be asked, and how and what my responses are to be. This would be uber fantastic.

Am I less excited about the last interview w/ different company today? Nope. If I get an offer from them would I take it? Yep. and still interview for Drug rep? Yep.

Why you ask (you know better than to ask) because July 2nd I have to go back to the job I have. The one I am still getting paid for. As I do not actually go and instead neglect you guys. and the only reason I want to walk into that building is to pack up my piddly things and leave my badge on my bosses desk with a note that says "Please consider this my notice of resignation. Thank you." sign and date.

and new job will hold me through drug processing on the off chance it is not offered to me. So since July 2 is the date that LSAT results are posted... it is the most anticipated date of the season!

Wish me luck. Oh and bat girl is going to have a baby girl. She says as she packs up to move to PA. that is just wrong. sad face for the moving of the bat-girl. :(

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Good Luck!!!

KIRAN LIGHT said...

Thanks Hon! I need it.