Saturday, June 23, 2007

Yesterday I thumb wrestled with a complete stranger...

twice. and he let me win... twice.

I was picking up my new glasses and I had to wait. I was bored so I asked the guy next to me to thumb wrestle. He was surprisingly funny. Especially as he is a newbie chemical engineer... so he was as much of a dork as I am. awwww...

and later that day I saw Tourettes have a fist fight with 2 plastic flower plants... and she lost. To a plastic flower. So I guess you would not be surprised if I told you she'd had a drink. or 2. or 8.

Yesterday I was massively enamored with my city. Truly I had a fantastic day. You know those days where you kind of wander around and think to yourself "Man, I'm glad I'm here!" that was yesterday. off we go...

Mom got smacked by Karma. Mom does not do her own grocery shopping, I do it. Occasionally she comes along. Mom got divorced when I was 1 1/2. She has no sons, she has no other family here besides my grams. So I am the help she has. She is spoiled. and she knows it.

Thursday we shop for stuff and get to the truck... and find the salt tucked underneath the cart with the bleach. Mom says "check the receipt... did we pay for the salt? I don't remember moving it." I look... not there. She and I are both too lazy to go back and pay for it. So we stole the salt.

Friday morning, in an effort to let mom sleep in, I take grams to hang out with her homies. She goes to an older adults aerobic class... she greatly looks forward to this. As I am digging in the truck to find my fallen newspaper to amuse myself... I find a grocery bag of melted ice cream. All of the ice cream. Slim-a-Bear for grams, Drumsticks for mom, and fruit bars and Italian ices for me... all melted... for 24 hours... under the front passenger seat. ewwww.

The best part is that I had to leave it there until I took grams home and sneak it into mom's trash... because if my grams had seen it we would NEVER have heard the end of it.

The pic is my gift to myself. Yay me. I meant to get it for my graduation present...because it took so long to get the degree.... grrr tigers! and it is made by Mignon Faget... an exclusively Louisiana jeweler. My chain is just the silver rope...the amethyst and citrine would have clashed with too much stuff.

But I think it's time I got this. I am poised and ready to make huge sweeping changes... and maybe something good is gonna come. Not maybe. definitely! You got this? I got this. We got this.

Especially as I get a phone call from Nugget yesterday. DK called and told him about interviews on Monday and suggests Nugget call to advise. Because Nugget is a pharmaceutical rep in D.C. and has a strong background in sales and has beautiful social graces. etc.etc.

And as we talk he is walking out the door to go to NYC for the weekend and asks if I can call him tomorrow... I ask if there is a specific better time for me to call him he says: "K, you can call me anytime I always have a minute for you." stupid considerate kin of the dream killer.

Stupid, awful, thoughtful Dream Killer. This was the equivalent of buying a very thoughtful something pretty. ick.

No comments: