Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Honey I love you, I just can't pay that much for a blouse."

This is what made me leave the mall today.

The mall is on sale.

We love the mall on sale.

We (I) found myself in Dillard's saying this aloud to a Michael Kors blouse.

It was time to go.


Furthermore... How does the saying go? Tell me who your friends are, and I'll know who you are. I had dinner last night with Bianca and Bunny. As Bianca only knows Bunny superficially and called her crazy... I feel the need to demonstrate that she is not. Plus I owed Bianca dinner because she paid for all of last Friday which was so not cheap and for helping me pull basic research for Shy's lawsuit. He has lawyers. lots of them... so why are we doing the b*tchwork? He lacks people skills and picked a sucky local lawyer. and then fired him and got another sucky lawyer. So if he changes again... anything he gets out of a settlement gets eaten up in lawyers fees. But that is not the point of the story.

So we are at dinner and I relay the bad Olive Garden date. My lunch and a movie... turned into just lunch. But that is a whole different post... I didn't want to sit next to him in the dark. and truly it is not the Olive Garden that was held against him. I have been know to eat some junk. and Olive Garden is not TERRIBLE terrible... just not really great. I live in south LA. We are spoiled by great food. (except for the brunch that I wanted scrambled eggs and was fed (or I ordered) yucky eggs benedict but in great ambiance with the most wonderful company so the bad eggs didn't matter... Thanks Lemon)

... and Bianca tells a tidbit of her parents... which is a bit of lore. Her parents are an urban myth. They've been married for 11ty billion years... and they still love each other. The 3 of us wonder if our generation is too self-involved (word supplied by Dk... changed to SELFISH by Bianca) to settle... and once we are married... to stick to it forever and ever. In truth, maybe we are.

Bunny's dad died when she was younger. She was Homecoming Queen at her high school so her mom had her Engagement ring melted down into a tiara pendent with the Diamond as the center piece. It is very beautiful and the gesture is very moving... and of course Bunny was queen... she is stinking gorgeous.

Bianca's parents are retired... and remodeling the house... and bought a huge plasma screen television... Bianca is a whole attorney who calls her parents once a week to say "STOP SPENDING MY INHERITANCE!"and hangs up.

Apparently... we are spoiled. and in good form, I put my foot in my mouth by pointing out how both Bunny and Bianca are but saying that surely I was different. They both spit out their food to keep from choking. Today, Shy tried to make it better by saying "But you are spoiled in a way that you think everyone is supposed to be nice to every other person. Not just you. So it's not spoiled in a bad way"

Like I don't know when I'm being pacified. Rat Bastard.

No comments: