Sunday, June 03, 2007

Bobby Jindal for Governor!

So... for the most part this girl does not DO politics. I have opinions... I express them... I am not trying to change your mind about anything.

Further, Madigan used to be an assistant to one of the Governor's Aides. Yes the stupidest woman in politics... Ms. Kathleen-which Liz Claiborne suit should I wear to cry on national television- Babino Blanco. Madigan tried to get me to go to a bunch of functions with a bunch of State legislators. No.

Let me tell you why.

What Madigan got invited to, and by definition what she was trying to drag me to, were the events that legislators are not so much bringing their wives to. I.e. girls like Madigan ARE the entertainment. I try to tell her, she called me jealous. Ok. have your party and tell me about it later.

Plus at the one event we went to... a BBQ cook-off out in the swamp, we were accosted by a slimy lobbyist for an energy company who said the foulest stuff to me. I was on the verge of telling him where to stick it, and Madigan is in my ear begging me not to. I had to leave. In the car she goes on and on about how powerful he is and that he could help Madigan get a better job etc. etc. and then the icing on the non-cake was "besides you are a beautiful girl. you're going to have to learn how to handle sexual harassment. and cursing people out is not an option". In a way I see her point, but she saw if differently when it was directed at her. Does it seem like I should have recognized that she was not a good friend?

So the world of politics looks slimy to me.

Fast forward to somewhere with a bunch of people... the Politician (not Bobby) is told I am LSAT-ing to go to law school. He makes the requisite jokes and says "I can see that. You'd make a great lawyer. I'd hire you in your 2nd year of school". So now I have to help w/ his campaign. Not because I would necessarily call him on that offer... but you never know.

But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. and like an Oprah moment a light bulb goes off... If I want to be affiliated w/a campaign... why not Bobby? He's Indian, I'm Indian... at the very least the slime factor should be hella less... my mommiey knows his mommiey! (and I used to call his dad "hooty owl" when I was little because he had a small face and huge glasses).

He's incredibly intelligent and will be Governor if people here forget to be racist for like 2 elections. Don't judge me... I'm not wrong.

Plus... the proverbial icing a-la-mom says that if I should come in contact w/slime in his camp... I could intimate that we are related... after all I do call his mom "auntie"! (all older people are Auntie or Uncle and they in turn call me Bhati... it means Daughter. It is the figurative village meant to raise every child).


So I signed up on his website... and I will keep you abreast of what happens (also I got 10 Bobby bucks for signing up... WTF? really Bobby? really?)

No comments: