Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Verdict on Yesterday.


SUCKED! with silver linings and warm and squishy undertones.

I would like to say I was in mourning yesterday... but what really kept me from blogging was that I was watching the Age of Love. Tacky. I know. Tragic... I'm with you... and yet....

oh and I want him to pick a 40 year old. Because while the 20 somethings are pretty-ish... they were catty, superficial, and overly mean. I don't think they were truly representative of my age ground and I don't think that one among them was whole. but then again we do not see all of who and how they are... it is the nature of editing... and yet I still want him to pick a 40 something... so all of the mean 20 somethings can suck it.


I learned a lot yesterday. Did not get the position w/Progressive... because between Lsat, IQ and personality... 1. the regional manager thought the job was beneath me and 2. I look like a flight risk.

What did we learn? Don't say "I want to go to Law School or I just re-took the LSAT". When asked where you see yourself in 5 years... lie for all you are worth.

on to drug comp... It's hard to guage how that went. She asked stuff I was sort of prepared for but then some sweeping generalities that made me go uhhhhhh... very stressful. also... do not joke with a recruiter unless you know how it will be taken. Better yet... don't do it.

So I listed w/ a staffing firm also. If I want to go to law school and technically what I do is a division of our legal dept... I can find something in the field that will pay me enough... right? I'm not a paralegal but I have a real degree and work history and am competant so that should put me head and shoulders above an a**load of the competition... I've met non-attorneys that work at law firms... their jobs DO NOT look like rocket science. I know I can do this.

We are most aggressively looking this week and will go back to the job I have on Monday. Rat bastard to infinity. If anything it is just for now. sigh.

Also, Malty Milt Head is way to excited to be debriefed on the whole play by play so on the off chance I get the "thank you, but no" email... we will know what to do differently.

No comments: