Saturday, June 02, 2007

"I'm telling!"

When was the last time that this was a viable threat? Think about it, really. When was the last time you were stopped from doing or saying something simply because you knew that someone would tell?

Onwards. Today DK got stood up by text message. which is less awful than it sounds, he didn't make it campaign either. Also, as I did not go out last night, Tourette's didn't drive and asked if she could call me if she needed a ride- I say yes. I fell asleep and luckily she did not call. DK is smarting over yesterdays flake, today's flake, and that he is convinced if he called and asked for such a favor I would leave him to his own devices (that is entirely possible. he is a boy. he can handle himself.)

I promised mom I would take her to Target to print India pics today as she is STILL afraid of the Kodak machine. As I bounce around the house waiting for her to get ready, DK calls. We talk, he sympathizes that my back hurts, and he coos over my "condition".

Then he says... "wait a minute! You are hurt because you are over-extending yourself and you went to circuit yesterday! Put your mom on the phone, I'M TELLING!" I say no. He threatens to call the house. I call his bluff.

Mom flits by and mouths "who is that?" I say DK... she wants to talk. Nice.

So I got ratted out. Mom is ready to go, she doesn't say anything about talking to DK until pic # 389 of 467... know what she said?

"I'm not even going to fuss at you. Monday morning I am going to call your orthopedist. and I'm telling." (what does she think he is going to do exactly? Apparently he's been my ortho since I was 3. We have history. He does not so much fuss at me.)

My snarky comeback? "Does that mean you will not play intermediary as the Muscle Relaxer Fairy who brings me samples so I don't have to get a prescription?"

Nope. She is still my mommiey. her kindly gesture to reiterate "stop doing that"?... She made me shrimp fried rice w/peas. I have the greatest mom... who is the greatest at guilting. No circuit this week. (but that was all I promised... and don't think you can just tell on me and get whatever you want... she is still on TEAM KIRAN.) stupid narc-ing dream killer.

No comments: